GM of Europe
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in Seattle with our European offices in London, Barcelona and Berlin. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who shares our view that Europe represents a huge opportunity for Rover. We believe that all Europeans should be able to experience the unconditional love of their pet, regardless of where they live. Our GM of Europe will have the ability to develop and execute the long range plan to get us there.
Your charter will be to own and accelerate growth in Europe. This position will live within Rover’s international team: a fast-paced organization that drives the launch and growth of the Rover platform into foreign markets. As GM of Europe, you will be the strategic thought leader behind market acceleration, balancing supply and demand at the market level, and implementing and adapting key business policies for the European marketplace.
Your key measures of success will be year-over-year growth, hitting sitter acquisition targets, and improving new account conversion. As the P&L owner for Europe, you will also own and allocate Europe’s budget for owner and sitter marketing. Finally, as many of your levers for growth will be product-related, you will work cross-functionally to influence our product roadmap for Europe, then define and implement go-to-market plans for new features and product lines.
- Hit revenue, P&L and key business growth targets at the national and regional level.
- Set and own the long and short term strategic priorities for Europe, and delegate those accountabilities to appropriate business owners. Hold those owners accountable for the outcomes.
- Build and lead a world-class organization across multiple offices in Europe including sitter and owner marketing, analytics, as well as customer support.
- Strategically deploy marketing budget to maximize volume while minimizing costs.
- Lead reporting and narrating insights on progress and goals to senior leadership and relevant stakeholders globally.
- Provide insight into European pet owners and sitters across the broader organization by providing data, feedback, and local market insights.
- Partner with our Corporate Development team to establish strategic partnerships in Europe, and be the voice of our PR efforts in Europe.
- Serve as the point person for all legal and government affairs issues at the regional and national levels.
- Partner closely with the International Product Managers to drive platform changes to solve the unique challenges of Rover Europe (e.g.: sitter funnel improvements, language localization, marketing restrictions, contract employment laws, etc.).
- 10+ years of marketing, analytics, or operations management experience, with 5+ years of management of managers strongly preferred.
- Startup experience and online marketplace experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with senior leaders across dynamic, matrixed organizations. Experience working in a global business strongly preferred.
- Experience partnering with diverse cross-functional teams to deliver critical business outcomes.
- Experience developing, owning and driving market-level KPIs at various levels of establishment.
- Strong analytical and data-driven decision making skills. Strong Excel required.
- BA/BS degree, advanced degree preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with an ability to effectively collaborate remotely.
- This position will be based in Rover’s London office. Regular travel to other European offices (Barcelona, Berlin) and Rover’s HQ in Seattle will be required.
Why We’ll Hire You:
- You love a challenge and will never stop trying to exceed your goals.
- You know what a high-performing team looks like and can get the right people in the right roles to drive the business forward.
- You thrive in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, where ever-evolving opportunities and priorities motivate and inspire you.
- You are a cross functional powerhouse and servant leader, who knows how to motivate and influence stakeholders across the organization.
- You have a tremendous bias for action. What you set out to do, you get done.
- You prioritize initiatives that will have the largest business impact, and ensure your organizations execute those with excellence.
- You can flex between digging into the data to understand the problem, and know when to come up for air and drive solutions forward.
- You have a sense of humor, and an ability to roll with the punches whatever comes your way.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including £375 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches twice a month
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.