Manager II, Operations Program Management of Learning & Development
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs. This includes pet sitting, dog walking, grooming, and doggy daycare. Rover was founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog. Rover's goal is to improve and simplify life for pet parents and the dogs they consider family.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington. We work closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. Rover has a track record of being recognized as a phenomenal place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the most respected companies. Our groundbreaking approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company! Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for a Manager II, Operations Program Management of Learning & Development to join our Training, Content, and Quality team. In this role, you will lead critical initiatives and manage a team of trainers and instructional designers, as well as a portfolio of programs and projects to support business growth and delight our customers. With your functional expertise in learning and development and strong understanding of business strategy and priorities, you will provide thought leadership, structure, and hands-on oversight to drive successful, measurable outcomes through effective coordination across teams. You will help Rover Operations achieve its business objectives by creating and leading engaging, impactful learning and development programs that help our employees advance their skills and knowledge.
The ideal candidate lives to serve customers and their team. You thrive in a constantly evolving, fast-paced technology environment. You act quickly to identify, implement and improve key metrics, and solve high-impact business problems. You embrace ambiguous operating environments and leading change. You are passionate about helping people learn and grow. If you have a voracious appetite for interacting with data to solve problems, enjoy partnering with numerous organization stakeholders, and live to deliver outstanding results, this role may be for you.
- Manage activities of multiple functions with company-wide impact, including training facilitation, instructional design, learning technology, and professional development; oversee costs, methods and staffing.
- Identify and solve for gaps and emerging needs in programs, process capabilities and business rhythms to support long-term, profitable business growth.
- Drive successful program, project, and process management for learning and development across Operations, aligning tools and approach across teams.
- Lead development, implementation and oversight of key metrics and reporting rhythms for learning and development across Operations to drive strategy, execution, and consistently achieve service level agreements.
- Confidently leverage data and analytics to tackle broad, ambiguous questions that significantly impact Rover Operations' effectiveness and our customers’ experience. Key areas of focus could include improving learning outcomes, identifying and actioning individual and group professional development needs, and optimizing the use of learning technology within Operations.
- Elevate teams’ knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools within learning and development, as well as continuous improvement and delivery concepts; educate Operations leaders and key stakeholders on effective project planning, project management and execution.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, providing thought and change leadership.
- Hire, coach, develop and hold accountable a diverse, high-performing team aligned with Rover’s cultural values; lead and mentor other people managers.
- Create, execute, and evolve learning strategies and programs. Implement various learning methods across Operations.
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of their learning opportunities.
- Ensure OKRs (objectives and key results) directly support Rover’s overall success; interact and build relationships with, and effectively influence, senior leaders on opportunities and impacts related to areas of responsibility.
- As a member of Rover Operations' leadership team, drive execution of strategies and OKRs.
- 7+ years of experience as a proven leader of corporate learning and development, ideally within an Operations or other customer-facing environment.
- 7+ years experience and successful application of the principles, standards and tools associated with business analysis, program and project management and process engineering, coupled with the ability and enthusiasm to be intimately involved with the business; strong people management experience, including managing other people managers.
- Current knowledge of effective adult learning methodologies, techniques, and practices.
- Experience managing and using various Learning Management Systems (LMS) and eLearning authoring tools.
- Strong financial acumen and data analysis skills: ability to confidently leverage data and financial analysis to understand problems, identify options, inform decisions and drive targeted outcomes.
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships, establish trust, and achieve alignment across the organization.
- Communication and presentation skills to drive vision and strategy.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change, and influences others to change.
- Effectively navigates ambiguity, with a strong bias for action.
- Exceptional coach and mentor.
- Inspires and achieves results through teams; establishes culture of candor, accountability, and speed.
- BA/BS degree; MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.