Acquisition Marketing Manager
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in downtown Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our office in Spokane, Washington, and our European offices in Berlin, London, and Barcelona. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of World's Most Innovative Companies in 2016 by Fast Company. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover is seeking a seasoned acquisition marketing manager to lead paid acquisition for our mobile apps and services. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of paid acquisition experience (2+ years in app marketing specifically) and a successful track record of driving ROI positive customer acquisition. This includes everything from generating creative campaign concepts to executing on strategies across multiple channels.
You’re curious about new ways to reach prospective customers and keep up with industry trends to see if you can incorporate them into your own strategies. You possess strong marketing instincts and look to confirm your instincts with data. You love diving in the weeds executing campaigns, but you also enjoy taking a step back to consider high-level marketing strategy.
This role will live on Rover’s performance marketing team and will report to the Sr Marketing Manager.
- Lead acquisition campaigns end-to-end for our app-based services - from conception to defining objectives, execution, tracking and reporting
- Generate creative marketing concepts that get customers to download our app and try out our products and services
- Identify value proposition and key messages, write creative briefs for internal or external agencies to ensure we produce best in class creative which is consistent across all channels and resonates with consumers
- Execute on acquisition strategies using app networks, Google, content and new platforms to drive new user acquisition for our new app-based service
- Iterate and optimize on campaigns based on results quickly. Juggle multiple tests at any given time to drive results
- Analyze and report KPI performance on a regular basis
- 4+ years of experience in performance/acquisition/online marketing developing creative strategies for acquisition and executing on those strategies
- 2+ years of experience in app marketing, preferably within a technical vertical (gaming or marketplace)
- Experience using various app networks, including Facebook Ads Manager, Google Adwords, and others
- Proven success managing online marketing programs with CPC, CPA and CPM cost models
- Currently possess the skills to structure strategy, create, optimize and analyze campaigns independently
- The ability to draw critical analysis from data and make specific recommendations based on quantitative to increase ROI
- Self-starter with strong work ethic. Ability to operate with autonomy and find innovative solutions to problems
- Borderline obsessive attention to detail
Your Bonus Skills:
- Experience working at an app marketing agency
- Experience with traditional media, including out of home and direct mail, to drive new customer acquisition
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, or Marketing
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination. This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.