Recruitment / HR Specialist
Who we are:
We founded Rover.com with the mission to connect dog owners and pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. Why? We strongly believe that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog. Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love by connecting owners with trusted pet care whenever they need it. Millions of services have been booked on Rover, including pet sitting, dog walking, in-home dog boarding, and doggy day care. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway) – we love dogs! We are on a mission to grow Rover.com rapidly in Europe and are therefore looking for a talented and driven Recruitment / HR Coordinator in Barcelona, supporting our Barcelona, London and Berlin offices.
What we are looking for:
Rover has seen tremendous growth and success in our 7-year history. As we continue to expand, we are growing our HR team! The ideal candidate for the Recruiter / HR Specialist role will be someone who is not only passionate about people and hiring, but is driven by a desire to build a company which balances operational excellence with a welcoming and inclusive employee culture. In this role, you will be supporting our people and crucial business functions for our European offices. You will partner heavily with our hiring managers who are skilled in recruiting and are very passionate about hiring the best talent into their teams. Prior experience working closely with hiring managers is a must in this position! You will also help Rover in providing amazing experience, whether they get hired or not! In addition to being a point of contact for employees on HR related topics, you will collaborate with management and assist with the communication and rollout of HR programs and policies.
- Source talent for hiring managers at all levels, across all company departments. This is the most crucial responsibility for this role, filling positions is what it's all about!
- Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches.
- Lead debrief/recap discussions and help interviewing teams reach the best final hiring decision.
- Educate candidates about Rover’s mission and values and get them excited about what we do; you need to be as passionate as we are about our story so you can convey this in conversations with candidates.
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through proactive market research.
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing any new processes and fine tuning standard processes for recruiting that fits within Rover’s mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer.
- Help us improve our hiring processes by participating in assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings.
- Act as point of contact for managers and employees and provide support in various HR related topics.
- Assist any expat employees with immigration and internal mobility processes.
- Assist in onboarding and offboarding processes
- Provide support the day-to-day operations of HR and support in projects such as training, events, appraisals etc
- Help implement company HR initiatives and policies.
- 3-5+ years of corporate and/or search firm full life cycle recruiting experience.
- Experience building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools.
- Strong communication, organizational and closing skills.
- Knowledge of Spanish labour law.
- Knowledge of German and UK labour law an asset.
- Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships.
- Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
- Must be able to understand and teach how to recruit passive candidates and possess the mentality to "profile people and understand their motivation".
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written and spoken).
- Legally allowed to work and live in Spain.
Benefits of working for Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Private health and dental insurance
- Discounted gym membership with Andjoy (Gymforless)
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free weekly breakfast
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, beach volleyball, game nights, and more
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.