CRM Marketing Manager
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in downtown Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our office in Spokane, Washington, and our European offices in Berlin, London, and Barcelona. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of World's Most Innovative Companies in 2016 by Fast Company. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover is seeking a CRM Marketing Manager to drive conversion and loyalty across our owner lifecycle. This involves developing a deep understanding of our customers, their needs and launching tests and programs that improve retention metrics for our owner base. This person will create strategies for driving owner retention, develop testing plans, compose creative briefs, execute tests and campaigns from end to end, and analyze the results.
The ideal candidate is equal parts marketer, data analyst, and business strategist. S/he is passionate about engaging customers, driving business performance, testing and analytics, and collaborating with cross-functional partners to prioritize initiatives and maximize impact, including our creative and product management teams. S/he can operate both strategically and tactically in a scrappy manner in a high-growth, fast-paced environment. If you enjoy working with others to drive customer lifecycle performance and have a passion for getting the right message to the right customer at the right time, this is the job for you.
- Develop new strategies to drive conversion across the owner lifecycle. These strategies should encompass tactical plans that use a mix of email, SMS, push, our native notification center, paid advertising, and more.
- Partner with teams across the organization, including product and data science, to ensure that priorities are aligned.
- Create and manage a scorecard to monitor, measure and report on progress towards goals.
- Develop test plans for new campaigns using holdout groups, audience sizing and conversion rate estimations.
- Write strategic creative briefs for campaigns.
- Pull and analyze data to inform prioritization decisions, execute campaigns, report on test results and learnings, and recommend next steps.
- Project manage marketing operations execution team members. You are ultimately responsible for the campaign going out on time and with accurate information, so you will work closely with them to assure everything is working as expected.
- When needed, set up campaigns, QA campaigns, and help out with other executional work.
- Participate in the relevant rhythms of the overall business as a thought leader on growing and maintaining the Rover owner population.
- College degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years working in CRM, specifically within a strategy focused role. 2-3 years must be in a client side role
- Proven track record of devising and developing CRM programs from the ground up
- Deep analytical knowledge and experience reporting on campaigns, gleaning business insights, and doing data-based optimization
- Organized, detail oriented, self-starter; comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities; ability to work in a fast-paced environment that is deeply analytical and performance-based
- Track record of successful cross-functional collaboration, including with product management and creative teams
- Experience developing customer engagement and loyalty strategy preferred
- Experience performing campaign and other analyses using Excel; knowledge of SQL or a willingness to learn
- Experience working with a large ESP is preferred (Responsys is ideal)
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $500 toward adopting your first dog
- Extra PTO you can earn by dog sitting
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches on Tuesdays
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.