Customer Experience Manager
Operations – Customer Experience /
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who We're Looking For:
We are hiring a Customer Experience Manager to join our Barcelona Customer Experience team responsible for ensuring pet parents and pet caregivers receive world class customer service by coaching and scaling a multi-leveled customer experience team.
This role is based in Barcelona and will require relocation if outside of Barcelona area.
- Motivate, coach, and develop 8-10 professional individual contributors and leads who support the customer experience at Rover, including vendor management of outsourcing partners.
- Identify areas of efficiency opportunity within the team and can recommend and implement changes as needed.
- Advocate for the safety of our users and pets. Identify opportunities to better mitigate risk and increase trust
- Partners with workforce management to organize, prioritize and schedule work assignments to meet business needs.
- Manage queues to agreed-upon service levels, and strive to raise the bar higher.
- Review customer contacts and identify ways to improve the customer experience, as well as own escalated customer contacts and resolve them.
- Identifies emerging business problems related to their job function and presents them in a solutions-oriented format.
- Handle urgent customer escalations in timely manner
- Availability to work on a shift rotation to cover Saturdays
- 2-3 years experience managing or leading teams in operations or customer experience
- Experience leading,coaching, mentoring, and motivating a team, setting clear goals, providing regular feedback, and facilitating their professional growth
- Prior experience analyzing data and using results to drive improvements
- Strategic mindset with the ability to think analytically and solve complex problems.
- Results-oriented with a focus on achieving targets and driving customer success metrics
- Fluency in English plus one or more of the following languages is a must: French, German, Italian, Spanish
Nice to Have:
- Experience leading a country market for CX functions
- Experience/exposure to Trust & Safety and Fraud departments
- Experience at a startup or other fast-growth company
- Experience in change management
- Experience using Zendesk, Slack, Google Suite tools
Benefits of working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Company Stock (for Full time employees)
- Private health insurance
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.