People Team /
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Headquartered in downtown Seattle, we're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met Magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway) — we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Over the last 9 years, Rover has made many important achievements, however, we are most proud of the culture we’ve built and the many wonderful employees we’ve hired into our organization over the years. We are looking for a passionate HR Generalist who will help us maintain our current culture while scaling standard methodologies as we venture into the next phase of our growth.
In this role, you will act as the front line consultant to people managers to create a positive employee experience, offering consistent HR advice on people matters. You have solid knowledge in company and local programs, processes and policies, offering good judgment and advice around HR related matters. You will collaborate with multiple HR Business Partners (HRBPs), HR Specialists and people managers across the business. The HR Generalist role is an effective training ground for those that wish to flex into an HR Business Partner role, or go deeper into HR programs and processes.
Act as an influential partner in helping managers with employee relations and talent management processes, people development, performance management and manager coaching. This role will be in a position to spot trends and identify emerging needs and address them with innovative people programs, tools and processes, while using our HRBPs for support and guidance.
As an ideal candidate for this role you will have supported a variety of teams at several high-growth tech companies. You know how to use data to drive decisions, you like to be hands on and a part of a high impact, scrappy team. You will be a great partner in crafting programs that ensure new managers are set up to be strong leaders as the business continues to grow, expand and scale.
- Employee Relations and Support
- Process ownership for employee relations (ER) management, including disciplinary and performance improvement for issues
- Collaborate with managers on people matters that require in depth knowledge of policies, procedures and local legislation, across multiple locations.
- Conduct investigations and handle ER cases, in coordination with the Employee Relations and the Legal departments.
- Lead the exit process, including conducting ad-hoc exit interviews.
- Work with people managers end to end on performance management cases.
- Advise Managers on compensation matters.
- Develop communications that help managers to be self-sufficient with Talent Reviews.
- Enable the success of new and experienced managers by leveraging, delivering and improving existing training contents and web pages, and collaborating with the HR Talent Management team to anticipate and address emerging needs.
- Support managers and employees in identifying capability gaps to further develop functional and managerial skills.
- Support people managers with career conversations, development and career growth plans and other development initiatives.
- Provide support and guidance to HRBPs and managers on change initiatives.
- Act as point of contact and program manager for people tools, processes, programs or projects.
- Support manager education initiatives to further drive collective education and manager effectiveness
- 2+ years work experience in an HR Generalist role in broad areas of HR (talent management, acquisition, training and HR systems, process and compliance)
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Empathetic, vulnerable and passionate about driving the right business outcomes
- Experienced in handling employee relations issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Ability to relate to, influence and coach employees
- Experience working with senior leaders (Director+) is a plus
- Experience working with remote employees is a plus
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently being performed virtually due to Covid19)
- Internet Stipend (Covid19 Support)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.