Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover has seen tremendous growth and success over our 8-year history. As we look at the next phase of our growth, we are growing our recruiting team! The ideal candidate for this role won't just source great talent; they will partner with our teams to make them better at hiring, interviewing and attracting the best talent. From helping your hiring teams fill difficult roles, refining job descriptions, determining leveling, making competitive offers, to shaping our recruiting processes and best practices company-wide – you will do it all.
In this role, you will hire highly analytical, business savvy Directors, Software Engineers, Marketers and Product Managers who are strong leaders and embracers of servant leadership and never settle for second best! We are a small and growing company, thus you may also assist with other roles from time to time as well, pending the needs of the business. You will partner heavily with our hiring managers who are skilled in recruiting and are very passionate about hiring the best talent into their teams. Prior experience working closely with hiring managers (clients) is a must in this position! You will also own ensuring that your candidates have an amazing experience with Rover regardless of if they get hired or not!
The ideal candidate for this role must be able to successfully manage, prioritize and close searches against a tight timeline, have experience setting benchmarks, metrics, and understand how to prioritize. The ideal candidate thrives in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up her/his sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done.
- Source qualified candidates for hiring managers (clients) from C level to Jr level, across all company departments. This is the most crucial responsibility for this role, filling positions is what it's all about!
- Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches
- Coach hiring managers on how to be more effective in their techniques
- Lead debrief/recap discussions which result after the interview has taken place, and help the interview team reach the best final hiring decision
- Educate candidates about Rover’s mission and values and get them excited about what we do; you need to be as passionate as we are about our story so you can tell it to candidates and get them excited
- Build and maintain a network of potential candidates through proactive market research and on-going relationship management.
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing any new processes and fine tuning standard processes for recruiting that fits within Rover’s mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer.
- Help us improve our hiring processes by participating in assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings.
- 5+ years of corporate and/or search firm full life cycle recruiting experience, including sourcing
- 2+ years of experience recruiting internally at a software company or sourcing for a software company as a client (if experience was attained in an agency)
- 2+ years recruiting for roles like Directors, Software Engineers, Marketers and Product Managers
- Experience building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools
- Strong communication, organizational and closing skills
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships
- Strong client focus and commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships
- Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
- Possess strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team
- Must be able to understand how to recruit passive candidates and possess the mentality to "profile people and understand their motivation" rather than sell a role
- The ability to gain a great understanding of Rover’s mission and values and be able to portray Rover's story to candidates with great passion and excitement
- Experience leading or managing recruiting teams
- Experience with both software start-ups and large but very fast paced software companies like Amazon, Facebook, LinkedIn etc
- Experience supporting C-level clients
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.