(Senior) Front-End Developer (Games Technology)
Helsinki Metropolitan Area
Technology – Games Technology
Games Technology works with data and analytics, machine learning, build and submission tools, cloud infrastructure for service and game servers, and their in-house gaming cloud services platform, Beacon, to bring Rovio’s games to life every day. With a multi-national team of talented professionals, Games Technology supports tens of millions of players, hosts some of the most cutting edge cloud services out there, serves thousands of requests per second from all corners of the globe, captures 4 Billion analytic events per day and over 1TB of data per day, and runs approximately 1300 instances on Amazon AWS. All of these services and tools enable successful live operations in Rovio’s games, allowing game teams to optimize player engagement and monetization.
We are now looking for a Front-End developer to join our talented Games Technology Team in Rovio Espoo, Finland!
As a Front-End Developer you will help us provide the best possible tools to our game developers and support teams, so they can manage games and provide world-class player experiences. You will help to build web applications and related backend APIs using state of the art tools like Angular, creating services that will enrich our player’s experience.
Your responsibilities as a Front-End Developer:
- Architect and build efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers and servers engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to tricky web development problems
- Participate in the design process, gathering requirements across groups including games, marketing, ads, user acquisition, customer support teams.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Launch, iterate and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise, and be ready to make our products better for our users.
Who we think will do great in the role has:
- 4+ years of recent front-end development work experience
- Excellent team working skills
- Passion to grow and learn
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Ability to think creatively to solve concrete and real problems
- Familiarity with front end architecture standards and follow industry best practises
We’d love if you have some of these:
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or a related technical field strongly preferred
- Experience with multiple web clients on desktops and mobile devices
- Passion to work in all parts of software development lifecycle from planning to testing, documentation and deployment
- Practical experience working in Agile software development teams using Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS)
- Understanding of mobile game development
- Genuine interest in games
What you get when you join our Games Technology:
- Our team is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious.
- Work in a truly international environment with more than 15 nationalities in our team
Don't keep us waiting - send your application already today!