User Acquisition Team Lead
User Acquisition – User Acquisition /
Mixing the world-class expertise of six different crafts – Product Marketing, User Acquisition, User Experience Research, Market Intelligence, Marketing Video Production, and Player Experience, our Marketing team’s main mission is to fuel the growth of our games portfolio. Largely embedded within game teams and in close collaboration with a large variety of stakeholders, our role is to identify, anticipate and make sure to satisfy our target audiences’ needs and wants. We do this across all touchpoints – from early research on new concepts, to how we reach out to millions of players through our marketing campaigns, or to how we engage them through our social networks and other discussion platforms.
If acquisition marketing is your playfield and you are not satisfied with status-quo but always strive to improve and learn, let’s have a chat. We are looking for a UA Team Lead based in Stockholm, Sweden.
As UA Team Lead, you will lead the development, planning and execution of acquisition marketing strategies for a selection of games from our Stockholm studio - such as Angry Birds 2 and other games in Soft Launch, leveraging multi-million dollar budgets to drive profitable growth globally. Alongside a team of performance marketers that you’ll lead & mentor, you will support our acquisition efforts for the games you’re in charge of, while leading strategic, high-volume experimentation on all key current and potential user acquisition channels. You will work cross-functionally with Product, Finance, Marketing and Tech and report directly to the Head of UA.
- Oversee the UA budget and strategy to grow our games. Unique opportunity to work with strong live games as well as promising soft launch titles.
- Lead our UA team within the studio: hiring, mentoring, ensuring their integration within the larger organization and giving them a clear purpose and strategy while overseeing their tactical execution.
- Support the Head of UA in defining the strategy for the whole UA Team.
- Bring analysis and insight to acquisition funnel measurement, including helping to define & set goals for KPIs on each game, and working with Business Intelligence & Data Engineering on implementing performance predictions.
- Partner with Product to maximise growth opportunities and embed the marketing agenda within the games’ lifecycle.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence and Finance on investment forecasts, budgeting and cash flow projections based on performance marketing investments.
- Partner with BI and other teams to develop relevant dashboards and tools to analyze UA performance and provide reporting on performance at a regular cadence for key stakeholders.
- Drive a relentless culture of experimentation on all key existing UA channels, while also ideating and establishing new user acquisition funnels for Rovio’s portfolio of games.
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and optimize multi-million dollar acquisition budgets.
- Proven success of leading and managing a growth-driven UA (or Performance Marketing) team. If not, a track record of successful mentorship and training.
- Deeply connected in the games marketing scene, especially in acquisition marketing.
- Wide understanding of UA strategies and channels outside of tracked marketing.
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional leadership in Product, Finance, Creative and Business Intelligence/ Data Engineering.
- Balance of data-driven analytical skills and understanding of creatives.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Growth mindset: never satisfied with status-quo, always strive to improve and learn, encourage teams and colleagues to do the same.
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager, Head of UA. Before diving deeper into your competencies, we would like to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Test: We’d like to learn more about your UA and people management skills through relevant scenarios. The test will take a few hours.
- Second meeting: You will meet the UA team and have the opportunity to present your test results.
- Final meetings: You will meet the studio heads and relevant stakeholders from other teams. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
User acquisition helps our games to grow their user base by finding the most valuable target audiences. The craft relies heavily on data and changes rapidly; sometimes the learnings expire in a matter of months. This requires fast thinking, openness to venture out from comfort zone and reading into the smallest of indicators in the data. Close communication with multiple different teams is vital and makes the job interesting. Showing an ad in the right place at the right time to the right person sounds almost impossible but the UA team makes it possible.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.