Art Lead, Senior Artist
Helsinki Metropolitan Area /
Art – Puzzle Studio /
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio is the home of the passionate team behind Angry Birds Match, Angry Birds Friends, the newly launched Angry Birds Dream Blast, and other unreleased games currently in production. The studio strives to create puzzle games that are instantly fun, but that can also turn into years-long hobbies. Puzzle Studio is also exploring new ways to use narrative and character worlds in casual mobile games, with the aim of creating a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are looking for an experienced Art Lead to join us on one of our live games under a new IP that we are eagerly developing it further. We hope you play a big role in this project.
In this team, you’ll get to work on a wide variety of tasks from concepts to final assets, and breathe life into them with animation and motion design. As an Art Lead, you will be working closely with your team, Art Director and other support team members. Our goal is to make sure that the IP development is cohesive and consistent, fit for our target audience group, and its concept designs are meaningful and support the gameplay well.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for the aesthetic quality of your project and expected to play a big role in the development of the IP, story, technical solutions, and pipelines, which are needed to take the project to new heights.
- Define the art vision for your project
- Provide high-quality character /environment concepts fit in the gameworld, generate a cohesive and charming game world
- Work closely with our internal and external partners to make sure from the concepts to the final assets production of your project is one of the best looking games in the market
- Provide art guidelines to our internal and external partners, to ensure the consistency of the art style of your project
- Help and work closely with UI/UX artists to make sure your game has the best fluid UX experience, using your understanding of UI flow and game features
- Using unity well to work seamlessly with the artists and engineers in your team.
- Mentor and coach junior Artists in your team, make sure your team has a clear shared vision, keep them motivated and keep challenging their creativity as well as production quality
- Advocate for creative values within the project team
Who we think would do great in this role has:
- 5+ years in the gaming industry or equivalent
- Expertise with Photoshop and/or Illustrator, including a well-developed sense of color and composition
- Expertise in at least one 3D modelling package
- Strong conceptualization ability, visual communication ability, and drawing skills
- Ability to create both inspiring concepts as well as final game assets
- Prior experience working on Unity game projects
- Prior experience working on casual puzzle games
- Enjoy working in a team which keeps pushing its boundaries in a highly competitive industry
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with other team members, managers and producers to understand the high-level requirements and meet those objectives with the optimal user-centred solution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
If you're interested, please send your application with portfolio today!