Illustration/ Marketing Artist
Stockholm Metropolitan Area /
Art – Stockholm Studio /
Rovio’s Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon that put Angry Birds on the map. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles in the RPG genre, with the Angry Birds brand and also new original IPs. Our ambitious teams are full of passionate RPG players who are eager to leave their mark. We describe our approach to this wide genre as “lean RPG” – we strive to create games that are approachable, but retain the deep mechanics and late game that RPG players know and love.
When making games with our lean RPG approach, we employ the design pillars of approachability, fresh core gameplay, a focus on our super fans, and creating living game experiences through live-ops. Our development is driven by our players. We use data to provide insights into our players’ needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
At Rovio Stockholm Studio we are looking for a talented Illustration/ Marketing Artist who will be working closely with product marketing managers, the game teams and art leads to create unforgettable experiences for our fans, and will be responsible for the creation of our games marketing materials: logo, key art, icon, screenshots, banners and more.
We seek someone whose creative output makes our team and players get excited. You need a portfolio demonstrating your skills in illustration, drawing as well as graphics design.
- Collaborate with the Product Marketing Manager in planning and coordinating all art-related marketing tasks for a game release or update
- Support the PMM in the creation of marketing assets for various games: logo, key art, icon, screenshots, banners etc
- Create and polish key art & icons following an established style
- Transforming existing art assets in different file formats into dynamic and compelling marketing creatives
- Be able to follow the game’s visual style for all visual material produced
- Be responsible and have ownership over the execution of all art-related marketing tasks based on creative briefs, PMM and art leads feedbacks
- Communicate and work together with the Game Studio
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- At least 3 years of expertise in the field
- Very good understanding of human anatomy, proportion and perspective
- Solid traditional/digital drawing and illustration skills
- Advanced experience defining art direction, conceptualizing, sketching
- Good understanding of composition, color, shading, lighting, post-processing and typography
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Organized with the ability to work with tight deadlines
- Works well in a collaborative team environment and ability to implement specifications provided by stakeholders
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
We’d love if you have:
- Knowledge of 3D software
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will complete an exercise to complete in your own time.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop. We also try to give you a chance to meet the wider team.