(Senior) Data Analyst, Angry Birds Friends
Helsinki Metropolitan Area /
Business Intelligence – Business Intelligence /
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Business Intelligence to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The Business intelligence team aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join and help our Angry Birds Friends game team in Puzzle Studio and our slingshot puzzle players. With your skills and expertise, you will be at the core of decision-making and help craft the future of one of the oldest and successful games at Rovio. As we work closely among the game teams, your findings and learning will be valuable for the entire studio.
A person we believe will do great in this role is someone who loves games (especially F2P), has a good eye for data, and understands how to make others see it the same way. All that packed with the ability to work both independently and as a problem solver for the entire team.
- Build meaningful analyses to answer the team’s most pressing gameplay questions, and be always on the lookout for the next big thing that’s holding us back
- Work closely with different crafts (i.e. Level & Game Design) in building meaningful KPIs to measure & improve the game performance
- Design experiments that allow us to validate our hypotheses, then translate the results into learnings that help steer our games in the right direction
- Adding tracking events to the game that helps us better understand our players and features
- When needed, design data pipelines in cooperation with our data engineering team to enable more advanced analytics
- Develop tools to bring a data-driven point of view when collaborating with the team
- Ensure that critical business decisions are backed with data
Who we think would do great in this role has:
- Experience in generating recommendations from data
- Understanding of statistical analysis and data inference
- Expert knowledge of SQL and good command of Python/R
- Basic knowledge in data pipelines
- Experience in building dashboards and visualizations (e.g. Looker, Periscope, Tableau, Power BI)
- Clear communication and ability to summarize findings to other stakeholders
We’d love it if you have some of these:
- Prior experience working in the gaming industry, especially in the F2P mobile casual genre
- Experience in data pipeline and workflows such as Azkaban or Airflow
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will complete an exercise in your own time. This will help us to understand your skills better.
- Third round: We will dive into your exercise results.
- Fourth round: You will be invited to meet the game lead, producer and/or team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions, and where we can help you develop. We also try to give you a chance to meet the wider team.
Don't keep us waiting! Send us your application today.