(Senior) User Acquisition Manager/Specialist
User Acquisition – User Acquisition /
Mixing the world-class expertise of six different crafts – Product Marketing, User Acquisition, User Experience Research, Market Intelligence, Marketing Video Production, and Player Experience, our Marketing team’s main mission is to fuel the growth of our games portfolio. Largely embedded within game teams and in close collaboration with a large variety of stakeholders, our role is to identify, anticipate and make sure to satisfy our target audiences’ needs and wants. We do this across all touchpoints – from early research on new concepts, to how we reach out to millions of players through our marketing campaigns, or to how we engage them through our social networks and other discussion platforms.
The UA team consists of people excited about data-driven growth, who don't accept the status quo but always seek to improve and automate workflows. Our team is growing and we are currently looking for a motivated, collaborative, and analytical (Senior) User Acquisition Manager or Specialist to join us in Stockholm.
Your responsibilities will include (depending on the seniority):
- Take part in defining the overall UA strategy for new and existing games to maximize its growth profitably, month over month, year after year.
- Campaign management/analysis, including optimization and monitoring of campaigns, budget allocation, leading A/B tests and identifying new channels.
- Owning the relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. talking with partners on how to improve campaigns and gather the latest insights, working together with game teams on aligning UA and product strategies, communicating UA performance with the game and product marketing teams).
- Contributing to the creative ideation and strategy: you will get the chance to work closely with marketing artists and the product marketing team to create and test our next top ads.
- Drive a relentless culture of experimentation on all key existing channels, while also ideating and establishing new UA funnels for the game you are in charge of.
- Domain areas - 70% of your time is dedicated to UA for the game(s) you are in charge of, and 30% is allocated for you to lead or support team-wide projects (ex: programmatic, automation, creatives, Meta, etc).
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Previous working experience in mobile games or app user acquisition (ideally 2+ years)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and optimize monthly multi-million dollar acquisition budgets with clear ROI targets
- Experience in working with Meta, Google Ads, or other digital marketing platforms
- Fluency in spreadsheet software, including Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Proactivity and “get it done” mentality
- A curious and analytical mindset
- Ability to take ownership of the game’s user acquisition operations and strategy
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
You'll get some bonus points if you have:
- Advanced knowledge in Meta or Google Ads, or other UA channels.
- Understanding of mobile marketing ad tech: game measurement tools, attribution providers, programmatic advertising, fraud, etc.
- Experience with UA creative process (ex: leading and setting up the creative strategy, preparing briefs, providing feedback during production, organizing creative brainstorming, etc.)
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- SQL experience
First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager for the role. Before diving deeper into your competencies, we would like to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
Assignment: We’d like to learn more about your UA skills through relevant UA task. The task will take you a few hours.
Second meeting: You will meet the UA team and have the opportunity to present your task results.
Final meetings: You will meet the relevant stakeholders from other teams. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
User acquisition helps our games to grow their user base by finding the most valuable target audiences. The craft relies heavily on data and changes rapidly; sometimes the learnings expire in a matter of months. This requires fast thinking, openness to venture out from comfort zone and reading into the smallest of indicators in the data. Close communication with multiple different teams is vital and makes the job interesting. Showing an ad in the right place at the right time to the right person sounds almost impossible but the UA team makes it possible.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.