Field Training Officer (FTO) - INTERNAL
San Leandro, CA /
Field Operations /
This application is open for both ALCO, COCO, and SCCO Stations.
The objective of the Field Training Officer is to ensure that Royal Ambulance EMTs are aligned with the organizational culture, values, mission, performance and quality standards by training, mentoring and supporting new trainees. The FTO will also be responsible for providing refresher and remedial training to more seasoned EMTs.
In addition to carrying out the duties of an EMT, the Field Training Officer also serves as a Leader in the organization by acting as a role model and exemplifying the organizational values, mission, performance and quality standards.
- Teach, facilitate learning, and ensure trainees acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to become successful EMTs at Royal Ambulance
- Create developmental and learning opportunities for trainees to expand their knowledge and skill level
- Provide positive and constructive feedback as well as guidance for development
- Evaluate and document the performance and progress of trainees based upon objective observation and in accordance with FTO Program evaluation guidelines
- Communicate effectively, clearly conveying expectations and information in a timely manner; engage in active listening and encourage questions
- Understand, address and help to resolve trainee needs, issues or concerns; provide support and guidance; coordinate with the FTO Program Coordinator to ensure the most appropriate treatment and/or course of action
- Make recommendations on whether a trainee is a good fit for the organization
- Maintain an open line of communication with fellow EMTs, provide support and guidance when requested, update and/or involve the Operations team as needed
- Provide refresher and remedial training to fellow FTOs and EMTs, per request of FTO Program Coordinator
- Participate in the New Hire Academy on an as needed basis
- Attend all FTO training sessions, meetings, and company-wide meetings
- Attend company sponsored events
- Assist Talent Development Manager with planning and organizing FTO related events
- Exemplify positive company morale
- Understand, communicate, teach and abide by all company policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively with the Operations Team and keep team informed and up to date on issues, trends and any relevant information
- Maintain open and professional communication with other departments, including HR, Communications Center, Billing and the Sales/Customer Success Team.
- Handle protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Federal/State/County Level Health Departments
- Abide by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Demonstrate and support Royal’s Mission, Value, and Quality Standards
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to maintain all required EMT certifications, i.e. EMT certificate, ADL, etc. with no recent lapses
- Must be on full-time status with Royal
- Must complete FTO Training Program
- Must complete sexual harassment training
- Absence and/or tardy occurrences must be under four (4) points
- Willing to have a flexible schedule and adjust for the purpose of training
- Strong working knowledge of basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
Key Skills and Abilities
- A strong desire to teach and help others
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Can focus on the bigger picture
- Dependable and professional with a positive attitude
- Remains courteous, professional and focused in all interactions.
- Ability to confront conflict effectively and formulate collaborative resolutions
- Ability to work well with others and to encourage quality improvement
- Ability to adapt teaching style to best compliment and support the learning style of each trainee
- Ability to lead by example and to command respect
- Good problem solving ability with sound reasoning and analysis of options
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
Are you ready to take the next steps in your EMT career and grow with Royal? Apply now!
About Royal Ambulance:
Royal Ambulance is the leader in healthcare transportation & patient navigation services in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, and San Mateo County. Since 2006, we’ve grown from 2 ambulances and 10 employees to over 80 ambulances and 450+ team members. We are recognized as one of Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and as one of Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work”.
As we continue to grow, we remain focused on maintaining our culture of professional and personal development, supportive family vibes, and a first class employee experience. Join our team and be a part of this exciting growth opportunity while surrounding yourself with other like minded individuals, who encourage and inspire one another along their path in EMS and Healthcare.
At Royal we firmly believe it's not just about the destination, it's about the journey! It's about who you become along the way, the people you meet, the connections you make and the experiences that you have that shape the kind of healthcare professional you become.
Follow us on Instagram @RuleTogether.
*The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties, responsibilities and essential functions performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.*
For questions or more information, please contact:
Justin Nool - Manager, Talent Acquisition| Justin.Nool@royalambulance.com