San Leandro, CA /
Billing/Revenue Cycle /
Royal Ambulance is hiring a Billing Assistant! This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, and growing organization recently recognized as Glassdoor's Top 50 Best Places to Work in 2021! This position is full-time, office based in our San Leandro Headquarters. Are you interested in getting your feet wet in the healthcare field? Are you looking for a fun and supportive environment where you can apply your Customer Service skills and make a difference? We will help you grow your skills and experience to be successful in your career - join us today!
- Manage incoming mail, open and distribute accordingly, scan checks/denials and any appropriate correspondence received
- Print and mail Daily Rescue Net Form (Claims processing - CMS1500-primary and secondary, bill patient and facility invoices); ADD as well as other patient or insurance mailing
- Answer and relay incoming phone calls and fax messages with urgency
- Manage record storage (PCR filing and recovery, medical records and subpoena requests
- Manage incoming and outgoing requests for medical records from facilities/partners
- Assist with pre-billing and insurance verification
- Assist with claims follow up when needed
- Conduct research as needed and assist in special projects on an as needed basis
- Maintain compliance with all required HIPAA rules, regulations and guidelines
- Communicate effectively with the Billing Department and Director of Business Administration, keeping all parties informed and up to date on issues, trends and any relevant information
- Demonstrate and support Royal’s Mission, Values and Quality Standards
Skills & Requirements
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Preferred experience: previous medical or insurance billing experience
- Medical terminology and/or Emergency Medical Services experience a plus (i.e. Previous EMT, Scribe, Medical Assistant)
- Good problem solving ability with sound reasoning and analysis of options
- Equally able to work independently as well as within a team
- Must be able to learn and interact with more technical computer applications in addition to knowledge of basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Google Suite)
- Can handle multiple requests and interruptions throughout the day as well as changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
About Royal Ambulance:
Royal Ambulance is the leader in healthcare transportation & patient navigation services in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, San Francisco, and San Mateo County. Since 2006, we’ve grown from 2 ambulances and 10 employees to over 100 ambulances and 625+ team members. We are known for our our amazing work culture, recently awarded Glassdoor's Top 50 Best Places to Work in the US, Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work”.
As we continue to grow, we remain focused on maintaining our culture of professional and personal development, supportive team vibes, and a first class employee experience. Join our team and be a part of this exciting growth opportunity while surrounding yourself with other like minded individuals, who encourage and inspire one another along their path in EMS and Healthcare.
At Royal we firmly believe it's not just about the destination, it's about the journey! It's about who you become along the way, the people you meet, the connections you make and the experiences that you have that shape the kind of healthcare professional you become.
Follow us on Instagram @RuleTogether
-The intent of this job posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties, responsibilities and essential functions performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
-Royal Ambulance is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status