San Francisco, CA /
Onward – Onward /
We are seeking a highly organized and proactive individual to join our team as a Transport Coordinator. As a Transport Coordinator, you will play a vital role in facilitating communication and expediting transport bookings between the UCSF Transfer Center and the Royal Ambulance/Onward Communications Center.
Your primary responsibility will be to act as a support mechanism, ensuring that all UCSF patients receive prompt and appropriate transport services within the shortest possible timeframe. By minimizing hold times at the transfer center, you will contribute to the timely availability of hospital beds, supporting the efficient operation of our renowned healthcare system that serves thousands of patients worldwide, particularly those in need of specialized care for severe injuries, heart attacks, and strokes. This position is pivotal in sustaining the thriving healthcare community we serve.
- Review the daily schedule to ensure accurate estimated time of arrivals (ETAs) for transport services.
- Monitor ambulance GPS tracking systems to ensure timeliness and adherence to scheduled transport services.
- Identify and escalate any unusual occurrences or incidents to the appropriate parties for thorough investigation and resolution.
- Oversee and follow up on special requests from UCSF, ensuring their prompt and appropriate handling.
- Collaborate closely with relevant stakeholders, including the UCSF Transfer Center and the Royal Communications Center, to streamline transport processes and optimize efficiency.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to transport coordination activities.
- Continuously evaluate and improve transport coordination procedures to enhance overall service delivery.
- Provide timely and clear communication to all involved parties regarding transport logistics and updates.
$27 - $31 an hour
About Royal Ambulance:
Royal Ambulance is the leader in healthcare transportation & patient navigation services in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, San Francisco, and San Mateo County. Since 2006, we’ve grown from 2 ambulances and 10 employees to over 100 ambulances and 600+ team members. We are known for our our amazing work culture, awarded one of the Top 50 Inspiring Workplaces 2022 and Glassdoor's Top 50 Best Places to Work in the US, Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work”.
As we continue to grow, we remain focused on maintaining our culture of professional and personal development, supportive team vibes, and a first-class team member experience. Join us and be a part of this exciting growth opportunity while surrounding yourself with other like-minded individuals, who encourage and inspire one another along their path in EMS and Healthcare.
At Royal we firmly believe it's not just about the destination, it's about the journey! It's about who you become along the way, the people you meet, the connections you make and the experiences that you have that shape the kind of healthcare professional you become.
Follow us on Instagram @RuleTogether
-The intent of this job posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties, responsibilities and essential functions performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
-Royal Ambulance is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status