Emergency Medical Technician - EMT (Special Events)
San Jose, CA /
Special Events – SAP Center/Tech CU Arena (San Jose, CA) /
Royal Ambulance is excited to announce our partnership with SAP Center/Tech CU Arena & Sharks Ice starting on October 1, 2023.
We're seeking excited and motivated EMTs to join our team! As an EMT, you'll play a pivotal role in our dynamic team, providing essential medical support during a variety of events held at SAP Center and Tech CU Arena. Your quick thinking and dedicated service will be crucial in ensuring the safety and health of attendees, while also fueling your excitement for San Jose Sharks/Barracuda games and thrilling sports and concert events.
If you're ready to embark on an exhilarating journey as a Special Event EMT with Royal Ambulance, impacting lives and enjoying the excitement of San Jose Sharks games and sports events, it's time to take action! Apply now and become a vital part of our partnership with SAP Center and Tech CU Arena.
The base range for this position is $18.50 - $21.00 per hour. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Royal Ambulance offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes PTO, 401k match, healthcare coverage, and a broad range of other benefits.
- Patrol the arena/venue in an organized, systematic manner
- Rapidly assess and provide medical assistance to individuals in need during events, maintaining composure in high-pressure situations.
- Provide attentive, excellent customer service and guest experience by responding to Guests' needs, requests, inquiries
- Collaborate seamlessly with fellow EMTs, paramedics, and event staff to deliver timely and effective medical care.
- Administer basic medical treatments, first aid, and life-saving interventions as required.
- Safely transport patients to medical facilities if further care is needed, adhering to established protocols and procedures.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with dispatch and medical personnel, relaying crucial information in a timely manner.
- Ensure equipment readiness and perform routine checks to guarantee the availability of essential medical supplies.
- Uphold a professional demeanor while interacting with event attendees, offering reassurance and comfort when necessary.
- Maintain accurate documentation of patient care, incidents, and observations, adhering to strict confidentiality guidelines.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must possess a valid State of California EMT License (Gray Card) and a AHA (American Heart Association) CPR Certification
- Must clear background check
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to deescalate
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to work with people of all ages
- Must have the ability to lift persons onto a gurney for transport (150-200 lbs)
- Must be able to stand/walk/navigate around the building for long stretches of time throughout the duration of the shift, going up and down stairs multiple times a shift
$21.50 - $21.50 an hour
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Royal Ambulance offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes PTO, 401k match, healthcare coverage, and a broad range of other benefits.
About Royal Ambulance:
Royal Ambulance is the leader in healthcare transportation & patient navigation services in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, San Francisco, and San Mateo County. Since 2006, we’ve grown from 2 ambulances and 10 employees to over 100 ambulances and 600+ team members. We are known for our our amazing work culture, awarded one of the Top 50 Inspiring Workplaces 2022 and Glassdoor's Top 50 Best Places to Work in the US, Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work”.
As we continue to grow, we remain focused on maintaining our culture of professional and personal development, supportive team vibes, and a first-class team member experience. Join us and be a part of this exciting growth opportunity while surrounding yourself with other like-minded individuals, who encourage and inspire one another along their path in EMS and Healthcare.
At Royal we firmly believe it's not just about the destination, it's about the journey! It's about who you become along the way, the people you meet, the connections you make and the experiences that you have that shape the kind of healthcare professional you become.
Follow us on Instagram @RuleTogether
-The intent of this job posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties, responsibilities and essential functions performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
-Royal Ambulance is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status