Field Training Officer (FTO) - Santa Clara County INTERNAL ONLY
San Jose, CA /
Field Operations /
This application is open for SCCO Station.
The objective of the Field Training Officer is to ensure that Royal Ambulance EMTs are aligned with the organizational culture, values, mission, performance and quality standards by training, mentoring and supporting new trainees. The FTO will also be responsible for providing refresher and remedial training to more seasoned EMTs.
In addition to carrying out the duties of an EMT, the Field Training Officer also serves as a Leader in the organization by acting as a role model and exemplifying the organizational values, mission, performance and quality standards.
What You'll be Doing:
- Teach, facilitate learning, and ensure trainees acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to become successful EMTs at Royal Ambulance
- Evaluate and document the performance and progress of trainees based upon objective observation and in accordance with FTO Program evaluation guidelines
- Communicate effectively, clearly conveying expectations and information in a timely manner; engage in active listening and encourage questions
- Understand, address and help to resolve trainee needs, issues or concerns; provide support and guidance; coordinate with the FTO Program Coordinator to ensure the most appropriate treatment and/or course of action
- Maintain an open line of communication with fellow EMTs, provide support and guidance when requested, update and/or involve the Operations team as needed
- Provide refresher and remedial training to fellow FTOs and EMTs, per request of FTO Program Coordinator
- Participate in the New Hire Academy on an as needed basis
- Attend all FTO training sessions, meetings, and company-wide meetings
- Assist Talent Development Manager with planning and organizing FTO related events
- Maintain open and professional communication with other departments, including HR, Communications Center, Billing and the Sales/Customer Success Team.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Must be Full-Time Status with Royal Ambulance
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- Must complete FTO Training Program
- Must be able to maintain all required EMT certifications, i.e. EMT certificate, ADL, etc. with no recent lapses
- Absence and/or tardy occurrences must be under four (4) points
- Willing to have a flexible schedule and adjust for the purpose of training
- Strong working knowledge of basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Calendar)
How you'll be successful in this role:
- A key skill in teaching, leading, and providing constructive/effective feedback to your trainee and supervisors is key to ensuring a positive impact.
- You must be able to exemplify the best of Royal's core values and mission, ensuring that you and your trainee treat every patient with compassion, confidentiality, and care.
- Written and oral communication is important in order to relay the right messaging to your trainee and supervisors and maintain the right progression and momentum throughout the training process.
- Attention to detail but, can focus on the bigger picture
- Remain Positive! - You may encounter difficulties in training, but being adaptable to each of your trainee's learning style in a positive manner will be important in ensuring an effective learning environment.
- Leadership by action and example is important in gaining and maintaining respect with all individuals, you must be able to exemplify these abilities as a leader in the organization.
- Good problem solving ability with sound reasoning and analysis of options
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
Are you ready to take the next steps in your EMT career and grow with Royal? Apply now!
About Royal Ambulance:
Royal Ambulance is the leader in healthcare transportation & patient navigation services in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, and San Mateo County. Since 2006, we’ve grown from 2 ambulances and 10 employees to over 80 ambulances and 450+ team members. We are recognized as one of Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and as one of Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work”.
As we continue to grow, we remain focused on maintaining our culture of professional and personal development, supportive family vibes, and a first class employee experience. Join our team and be a part of this exciting growth opportunity while surrounding yourself with other like minded individuals, who encourage and inspire one another along their path in EMS and Healthcare.
At Royal we firmly believe it's not just about the destination, it's about the journey! It's about who you become along the way, the people you meet, the connections you make and the experiences that you have that shape the kind of healthcare professional you become.
Follow us on Instagram @RuleTogether.
*The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties, responsibilities and essetial functions performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.*
For questions or more information, please contact:
Justin Nool - Manager, Talent Acquisition| Justin.Nool@royalambulance.com