Remote Recruiter (Contract to Hire)
San Leandro, CA /
Administrative & Human Resources /
Full-Time & Part-Time
Status: Full Time OR Part Time (30 Hours), Non-Exempt
Contract Length: 3 Months-Indefinitely
Under the direct supervision of the Talent Acquisition Manager, the Onward Recruiter will manage and organize the hiring and onboarding of external and internal Independent Contractor Drivers for Onward by RoyalCare.
The Recruiter will ensure the onboarding processes for new Drivers focuses on exceptional driver experience, support, reliability, and with an emphasis on timeliness. Additionally, the Recruiter will work closely with the Talent Acquisition Manager in decreasing critical position time to fill ratio with an emphasis on staffing, hiring and candidate experiences in order to attract top talent, get the best ROI from recruitment sources and accurately measure processes and recruit efficiently.
To succeed in this position, the Recruiter must be engaging, adaptable, and eager to learn in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
-Successful recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of at least 50 drivers in order to meet the ridership demands
-Identification of best and efficient strategies to ensure retention of candidate through the hiring process
-Maintaining excellent candidate experience
-Ability to share value proposition to a diverse candidate pool and be able to communicate the message, "voice", and culture of Onward by RoyalCare
Detailed Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee candidates applying through our applicant tracking system. Review applications and conduct virtual interviews.
- Create an awesome experience for all newly hired Drivers by managing the logistics and details of their onboarding.
- Run background and driving record checks, ensure drivers submit required certifications/documents and complete driver training in a timely manner, respond to hiring inquiries, and follow-up with candidates as needed.
- Assist with managing external social media platform accounts, promoting our organization and Driver recruitment.
- Create and maintain Driver job description based on Onward’s unique and dynamic culture, as well as adhere to our ideal candidate profile.
- Oversee and manage our driver on-boarding and off-boarding processes, with an emphasis on experience and timeliness.
- Effectively communicate with our Concierge, Operations and HR team about important driver updates, as well as assist with resolving driver issues as needed.
- Evaluate and analyze staffing needs and effectively communicate and validate with our Leadership team our staffing needs.
- Track, measure and report on staffing numbers, pipeline numbers and other data as needed.
- Create, develop and regularly report on recruiting metrics and continually improve processes and tools in order to improve upon key metrics (i.e. time to fill, time to hire, source of hire, etc.).
- Identify the root cause of staffing and recruitment challenges/barriers for any position, and quickly implement solutions to meeting staffing needs.
- Monitor and understand employment law and labor legislation and implement required changes to keep the recruiting process compliant.
- Demonstrate and support Onward’s Values, Mission and Quality Standards.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding any patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations, as well as any sensitive company or driver-related information.
- Assist with other ad hoc requests as needed.
- High-school diploma or equivalent (college degree preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of human recruitment experience a required (strong preference for high volume service industry recruitment), 3 + years preferred
- Experience utilizing Applicant Tracking Systems and Onboarding Platforms
- Must be proficient with more technical computer applications in addition to knowledge of basic computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must be punctual, reliable and have a great attendance record
- Must be able to handle multiple requests and interruptions throughout the day, as well as changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information and work with discretion.
- Fast learner with the ability to perform new tasks and duties efficiently and effectively.
About Royal Ambulance:
Royal Ambulance is the leader in healthcare transportation & patient navigation services in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, and San Mateo County. Since 2006, we’ve grown from 2 ambulances and 10 employees to over 90 ambulances and 500+ team members. We are known for our our amazing work culture, recently awarded Glassdoor's Top 50 Best Places to Work in the US, Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work”.
As we continue to grow, we remain focused on maintaining our culture of professional and personal development, supportive team vibes, and a first class employee experience. Join our team and be a part of this exciting growth opportunity while surrounding yourself with other like minded individuals, who encourage and inspire one another along their path in EMS and Healthcare.
At Royal we firmly believe it's not just about the destination, it's about the journey! It's about who you become along the way, the people you meet, the connections you make and the experiences that you have that shape the kind of healthcare professional you become.
Follow us on Instagram @RuleTogether
-The intent of this job posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties, responsibilities and essential functions performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
-Royal Ambulance is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status