San Leandro, CA /
Field Operations /
Royal Ambulance is hiring an Operations Supervisor for our Field Operations team (all counties)! Reporting to the County Manager, this is a great opportunity to further your leadership skills and professional development. We are seeking an experienced EMT who embodies the Royal Values - Engaging, Driven, Adaptable, and Empathetic. Apply today!
Objective: To empower others to solve problems and create great experiences. Provide support to your team and our people, help optimize and manage daily operations, and serve as a role model of Royal’s values. Additionally, learn and grow along the way, both professionally and personally, while helping others do the same.
What You'll be Doing:
- Logistics and Deployment: Manage and coordinate immediate scheduling needs and last minute sick calls if Scheduler is not available. Communicate and articulate logistical needs in a professional manner through the appropriate channels. Provide field support on an as needed basis
- Communication: Communicate and coordinate with VSTs in regards to ambulances, medical equipment and supplies; Delegate accordingly to ensure that everything is clean, in proper working order, and appropriately stocked with the objective of positively impacting both the Patient and EMT Experience.
- Set and Hold Standards: Reviewing feedback from field team members regarding challenges that arise with current processes, and actively working to identify root causes to improve upon our processes
- Engagement and Rounding: Support and encourage the professional development of our field team members and provide active guidance to help them achieve their goals
- Team Member Performance: Encourage behavior that is consistent with our values. Provide coaching as needed to achieve the desired results, discipline when necessary, praise positive behavior in public to exemplify what success looks like. Review, address and conduct investigations of unusual occurrences; Follow up and communicate with appropriate departments.
- Leadership: Identify top performers and encouraging them to progress professionally by developing a progression plan for growth within the company and providing them with the resources and training needed to achieve these goals.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Active EMT License
- Solid understanding of County Protocols & Company Policies
- Ability to Handle Confidential Information in a Professional Manner
- Positive Attitude and Growth Mindset
- Dependable and Trustworthy
- Able to confront conflict effectively
- Thrives on Influencing, Inspiring and Supporting Others
- Great Communicator & Great Listener
- Strong working knowledge of Basic Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) – What you don’t know we will teach you!
About Royal Ambulance:
Royal Ambulance is the leader in healthcare transportation & patient navigation services in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, and San Mateo County. Since 2006, we’ve grown from 2 ambulances and 10 employees to over 90 ambulances and 500+ team members. We are known for our our amazing work culture, recently awarded Glassdoor's Top 50 Best Places to Work in the US, Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work”.
As we continue to grow, we remain focused on maintaining our culture of professional and personal development, supportive team vibes, and a first class employee experience. Join our team and be a part of this exciting growth opportunity while surrounding yourself with other like minded individuals, who encourage and inspire one another along their path in EMS and Healthcare.
At Royal we firmly believe it's not just about the destination, it's about the journey! It's about who you become along the way, the people you meet, the connections you make and the experiences that you have that shape the kind of healthcare professional you become.
Follow us on Instagram @RuleTogether
*The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties, responsibilities and essential functions performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.*