Emergency Medical Technician - EMT
San Jose, CA /
Field Operations /
SANTA CLARA COUNTY
Are you looking to gain valuable experience as an EMT, to help you reach your goals in EMS and Healthcare? Do you value professional and personal growth, with a focus on patient care, customer service, and exceptional clinical skills? Are you looking to grow your network and support system of other like minded individuals who are equally driven to become the best versions of themselves, while helping and inspiring one another along the way?
If you answered yes to all three, then Royal is the place for you! We will equip you with the training, education, skills, and support you need to be successful in today's ever-changing healthcare environment.
Embody the Royal Mindset:
- Driven: Be excited about your goals and identify a plan to achieve them. Stay motivated, overcome challenges and focus on getting to where you want to be and becoming who you want to become.
- Empathetic: Understand the feelings and actions of others and use that understanding to guide your own actions, behaviors and decisions. Maintain an open mindset, free of judgement. Give others the benefit of the doubt, and treat everyone with respect.
- Adaptable: Handle and adjust to change by being flexible in process and mindset. Stay calm under pressure when something changes or a problem occurs. Develop a solution and come up with an alternate plan despite obstacles.
- Engaging: Show commitment to the organization, your patients, your partners, your fellow team members and the communities we serve, through your words and your actions. Be involved, stay interested and encourage others to do the same.
What you'll be doing:
- As an EMT-B, you will function within the scope of each county's clinical and operational protocols, as well as abide by all of Royals processes, policies, quality standards and expectations of quality patient care and exceptional customer service.
- Provide basic life support, including patient assessment, airway management, and use of the automatic defibrillator and assist patients dependent on the situation.
- Understand, address and resolve patient/customer needs to ensure the most appropriate treatment and/or course of action
- Provide support, comfort, understanding and compassionate care to your patients and their family members, who are feeling scared, anxious and vulnerable.
- Determine the nature and extent of illness or injury and establish priority for required emergency care and transport.
- Remain calm while working in difficult and stressful situations, and stay focused while carrying out the functions of the position to the best of your ability
What you need to bring to the table:
- Licensed as an EMT in the State of California - Check your status here
- Santa Clara County Badge , Badge Requirements Checklist
- Hazmat FRO
- Valid CA Driver's License AND CA Ambulance Driver's License
- Medical Examiner's Certificate
- Valid AHA (American Heart Association) CPR Card
- FEMA/NFPA Courses: ICS-100, IS-3, ICS-700 , AWR-160
- Immunizations within 10 years (HepB, MMR, TDAP, Varicella); TB Test within one (1) year
What's in it for you?
- Royal is known for our amazing work culture and vibe (look us up on Instagram @RuleTogether or Facebook!)
- Welcoming, comfortable, and fully remodeled stations stocked with tons of snacks and beverages, cozy sleeping quarters, and lots of space to chill out and feel like you're at home
- Flexible Scheduling
- Two weeks of PTO
- Competitive Call Bonus Structure & Pay Rate Increases every 6 months
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), 401k, Employee Assistance Program
- Diverse variety of calls and shifts: Critical Care Transport (ICU, ECMO, Donor Network), Flight Calls, Community Events (County Fair, Meals on Wheels, Fire Strike Teams, Community Parades, Sports Events etc.), Outreach/Education Events
- Critical Care Transport: Partner with clinical team and nurses for critical care transports
- Employee Assistance Program - Life happens, we give you access to a variety of Confidential services to ensure the well-being for you and your family (Mental Health, Wellness, Legal, and Financial services and many more!)
- Praise & Recognition Program: Get props, give props, we celebrate one another's successes and accomplishments
- New Hire Academy & Field Training: Best in class training preparing you to be confident on the field. You will be paired with an FTO that aligns with your personalized learning style, schedule, and career aspirations!
- Career Growth: - Opportunities for professional growth within the organization (FTO, Operations Supervisor, Management, Communications etc.) | 80% of our leadership started as EMTs!
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs): Ongoing support with continuing education units and skills refreshers
- Royal Ambulance Scholarship Program - A $2500 award to put towards your academic goals (Fire, Nursing, Paramedic, PA, MD School)
- Access to Royal's Alumni Network: Shadowing Opportunities, Application Tips & Tricks, Workshops & Webinars, and Alumni Panels
- Opportunity to work with an award-winning Dispatcher and Customer Service Team to ensure the best patient care experience!
- Don't just take it from us! Check out what others are saying about their experience at Royal. Visit Glassdoor or Facebook. Our reviews speak for themselves!
About Royal Ambulance:
Royal Ambulance is the leader in healthcare transportation & patient navigation services in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, and San Mateo County. Since 2006, we’ve grown from 2 ambulances and 10 employees to over 80 ambulances and 450+ team members. We are recognized as one of Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and as one of Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work”.
As we continue to grow, we remain focused on maintaining our culture of professional and personal development, supportive family vibes, and a first class employee experience. Join our team and be a part of this exciting growth opportunity while surrounding yourself with other like minded individuals, who encourage and inspire one another along their path in EMS and Healthcare.
At Royal we firmly believe it's not just about the destination, it's about the journey! It's about who you become along the way, the people you meet, the connections you make and the experiences that you have that shape the kind of healthcare professional you become.
Follow us on Instagram @RuleTogether.
*The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties, responsibilities and essetial functions performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.*
For questions or more information, please contact:
Justin Nool - Manager, Talent Acquisition| Justin.Nool@royalambulance.com