HR Administrative Coordinator
San Leandro, CA /
Administrative & Human Resources /
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Reports To: HR Manager
Objectives of this Role: Under the direct supervision of the HR Manager, the Administrative Coordinator will be the main point of contact for the onboarding of new candidates. The Administrative Coordinator will ensure that Royal’s setting reflects a Best Places to Work standard with attention to detail, organization, vibe, and culture. Additionally, the Administrative Coordinator will provide a memorable and positive experience for all potential candidates with a focus on engagement, courtesy and service-with-a-smile. The Administrative Coordinator will also provide direct Administrative and HR support with professionalism, consistency, reliability, and a focus on team member experience and support.
- Be the smiling face that everyone sees when they walk into Royal, greeting team members and visitors in an engaging, courteous and professional manner
- Own the front lobby and all common areas, so that our work environment and office space is efficiently organized, professional, inviting and makes us and you proud when people walk in here
- Answer and screen incoming calls, take messages, manage all incoming/outgoing mail and direct to the appropriate person as needed
- Assist with maintaining employee files and employee-related information within our HR Information Systems
- Assist with the employee onboarding and offboarding processes
- Manage our Praise & Recognition Program with an emphasis on creativity and timeliness including (but not limited to) monthly birthday and anniversaries, farewell/congratulation posts, and update Praise Walls at each station
- Manage the inventory and ordering of office, kitchen and janitorial supplies. Ensure supplies are stored away and kitchens are fully stocked on a regular basis
- Perform monthly kitchen re-vamps/re-organization at all stations
- Assist the HR Manager with compliance projects as needed
- Assist with recruitment activities such as prepare for recruitment fairs, conduct candidate callbacks, conduct EMT interviews on an as-needed basis, and collect and maintain ride-along waivers, lift-test waivers, etc.
- Assist with our Employee Assistance Program and Critical Stress Incident Management Program
- Process EMT requests for Continuing Education credits
- Coordinate and assist with the set-up of Company Meetings & Events, Trainings, In-House Celebrations, off-site presentations, and coordinate travel plans and logistics as needed
- Effectively utilize, get creative with and have fun using Royal's internal social media and communication platforms to share important key messages, solicit requests and engage team members
- Assist the HR Manager with regularly scheduled HR audits as needed. Provide Administrative support to HR and Royal's Leadership Team with filing, data entry, drafting correspondence, copying/scanning/faxing, conducting research, and running miscellaneous errands as needed
- Assist in creating, preparing, and modifying presentations and documents using Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint. Demonstrate and support Royals Values, Mission and Quality Standards
- Maintain confidentiality regarding any patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations, as well as any sensitive company or employee related information
- Complete cross-training of other HR functions as needed
- Assist with other ad hoc requests as needed
Requirements, Skills, and Abilities:
- High-school diploma or equivalent (college degree preferred)
- Minimum 1 year of front office/receptionist experience preferred, but not required (willing to train the right individual)
- Must be proficient with more technical computer applications in addition to knowledge of basic computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must be punctual, reliable and have great attendance
- Must be able to handle multiple requests and interruptions throughout the day, as well as changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information and work with discretion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor, courteous and polite, both in-person and over the phone
- Good problem-solving ability with sound reasoning and analysis of options
- Equally able to work independently, as well as within a team
- Fast learner with the ability to perform new tasks and duties efficiently and effectively
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented and focused with exceptional time management skills
- Must anticipate needs and potential problems and actively seek opportunities and propose solutions
About Royal Ambulance:
Royal Ambulance is the leader in healthcare transportation & patient navigation services in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, and San Mateo County. Since 2006, we’ve grown from 2 ambulances and 10 employees to over 90 ambulances and 500+ team members. We are known for our our amazing work culture, recently awarded Glassdoor's Top 50 Best Places to Work in the US, Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work”.
As we continue to grow, we remain focused on maintaining our culture of professional and personal development, supportive team vibes, and a first class employee experience. Join our team and be a part of this exciting growth opportunity while surrounding yourself with other like minded individuals, who encourage and inspire one another along their path in EMS and Healthcare.
At Royal we firmly believe it's not just about the destination, it's about the journey! It's about who you become along the way, the people you meet, the connections you make and the experiences that you have that shape the kind of healthcare professional you become.
Follow us on Instagram @RuleTogether
-The intent of this job posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties, responsibilities and essential functions performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
-Royal Ambulance is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status