Critical Care Transport RN (CCT-RN)
San Leandro, CA /
Field Operations /
Note: This position will be split between Alameda County and Santa Clara County Stations
Critical Care Nursing is a mission that requires the utmost attention to detail to the most critically ill and unstable patients with life-threatening conditions. At Royal, we are committed to excellence in care and patient experience, and seek a CCT-RN who embodies our core values. As a CCT-RN, you will be an instrumental leader in ensuring that our patients are safe throughout their transport experience. You will be working alongside a ROCKSTAR team of adept, expert CCT-EMT’s and Clinical Operations leaders all committed to providing the best patient experience.
Embody the Royal Mindset:
- Driven: Be excited about your goals and identify a plan to achieve them. Stay motivated, overcome challenges and focus on getting to where you want to be and becoming who you want to become.
- Empathetic: Critically-ill patients are quite vulnerable and it is through your leadership that we assure their safe and comfortable transport.
- Adaptable: Critical Care Nursing is highly dependent on your adaptability. You must be skillful in handling and adjusting to change by being flexible in process and mindset. Stay calm under pressure when something changes or a problem occurs. Develop a solution and come up with an alternate plan despite obstacles.
- Engaging: Show commitment to the organization, your patients, your partners, your fellow team members and the communities we serve, through your words and your actions. Be involved, stay interested and encourage others to do the same.
What you'll be doing:
- As a CCT-RN, you will be an instrumental leader to our Critical Care Transport Team. Ideal candidates will be highly proficient in critical care/intensive care nursing and will be expected to formulate thorough plans of care in compliance with state guidelines and procedures.
- You will be expected to maintain professional and technical knowledge, assuring excellent quality of care and executing necessary adjustments through collaboration with the CCT Team and Operations Leaders.
- You will be equipped with the resources necessary to address any and all life-threatening situations that may occur before and during patient transport.
- Teamwork is pivotal in ensuring successful patient outcomes--you will need to be highly communicative with your fellow EMTs, Dispatchers, Hospital Personnel, and Leadership in order to ensure the best outcome.
What you need to bring to the table:
- Required: Must have a valid RN License and be currently licensed by the California State Board of Nursing with no violations or restrictions
- Preferred: A minimum of one (1) year of critical care, trauma experience (ER, CCU, ICU) strongly preferred
- Must be currently certified in: CPR administered by the American Heart Association (Heartcode BLS), ACLS, PALS (post-hire)
- Obtain Santa Clara County System Badge
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to lead a significant, positive impact to the healthcare continuum for our esteemed healthcare partners
- Our amazing work culture and vibe (look us up on Instagram @RuleTogether or Facebook!)
- Welcoming, comfortable, and fully remodeled stations stocked with tons of snacks and beverages, cozy sleeping quarters, and lots of space to chill out and feel like you're at home
- Flexible Scheduling
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), 401k, Employee Assistance Program
- Generous PTO
- The feeling of gratitude, accomplishment, growth and doing something truly meaningful that positively impacts the lives of others each and everyday
- Don't just take it from us! Check out what others are saying about their experience at Royal. Visit Glassdoor or Royal FB. Our reviews speak for themselves!
About Royal Ambulance:
Royal Ambulance is the leader in healthcare transportation & patient navigation services in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, and San Mateo County. Since 2006, we’ve grown from 2 ambulances and 10 employees to over 80 ambulances and 450+ team members. We are recognized as one of Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and as one of Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work”.
As we continue to grow, we remain focused on maintaining our culture of professional and personal development, supportive family vibes, and a first class employee experience. Join our team and be a part of this exciting growth opportunity while surrounding yourself with other like minded individuals, who encourage and inspire one another along their path in EMS and Healthcare.
At Royal we firmly believe it's not just about the destination, it's about the journey! It's about who you become along the way, the people you meet, the connections you make and the experiences that you have that shape the kind of healthcare professional you become.
Follow us on Instagram @RuleTogether.
*The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties, responsibilities and essential functions performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.*
For questions or more information, please contact:
Justin Nool - Manager, Talent Acquisition| Justin.Nool@royalambulance.com