Vehicle Service Technician VST
San Leandro, CA /
Fleet Services /
Imagine this…you’re working outside while jamming out to your favorite tunes. You’re having fun staying busy and love working independently, and with a team who strives to make a fun and supportive environment. Maintaining the appearance of vehicles and tinkering with automotive is your passion. If this sounds good to you, then Royal has the place for you to turn your imagination into reality!
We strive to positively impact each patients’ journey, with a focus on empathy, customer service and superior clinical care. For our customers (the health care facilities and respected hospitals we serve), we aim to be a valued partner, making their jobs easier by truly understanding their needs and customizing our approach and service offerings to better serve our communities.
- Wash and clean ambulances inside and out
- Stock ambulances with necessary medical supplies and equipment
- Ensure that all medical equipment is in working order
- Inspect, clean, repair and maintain gurneys
- Inspect, clean, repair and maintain CCT and Bariatric equipment
- Organize and maintain stockroom cleanliness, order and efficiency, including all medical supplies, equipment, and office supplies
- Conduct brake fluid and tire checks
- Refill vehicle fuel and ensure that all ambulances have adequate fuel levels
- Complete vehicle checkout procedures
- Ensure vehicles are functioning to CHP standards
- Coordinate ambulance maintenance on an as needed basis
- Update and maintain vehicle maintenance log
- Assist Operations with ad-hoc errands
- Sweep the inside and outside of the Bay, and maintain an organized and clean working area
- Adhere to all county guidelines
- Communicate proactively with the Operations Supervisor and inform them if any ambulances, medical equipment or supplies are not in working order, have any potential problems, are lacking in quantity or need immediate attention
- Communicate effectively and coordinate with the Communications Center to ensure that the appropriate crews and vehicles are prepared to go into service
- Communicate effectively with the Operations Team and keep them informed and up to date on issues, trends and any relevant information
- Must have full-time availability
- High-school diploma or GED
- Valid California Driver's License and clean driving record
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic understanding of automotive technology
- Ensures all company policies and procedures and OSHA standards are maintained to the highest level
In order to deliver on this promise to our patients and our customers, Royal understands that this level of focus and care starts with our Team Members. They are the ones who truly make us a great company. We see ourselves as a “building block” for young and aspiring healthcare professionals, and our job is to help them become healthcare Leaders. By providing them with a fun and supportive and environment, surrounded by other like-minded individuals who treat one another like family, we are able to build a culture of driven, empathetic, engaging, and adaptable team members working together towards a common goal.
About Royal Ambulance:
Royal Ambulance is the leader in healthcare transportation & patient navigation services in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, and San Mateo County. Since 2006, we’ve grown from 2 ambulances and 10 employees to over 90 ambulances and 500+ team members. We are known for our our amazing work culture, recently awarded Glassdoor's Top 50 Best Places to Work in the US, Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work”.
As we continue to grow, we remain focused on maintaining our culture of professional and personal development, supportive team vibes, and a first class employee experience. Join our team and be a part of this exciting growth opportunity while surrounding yourself with other like minded individuals, who encourage and inspire one another along their path in EMS and Healthcare.
At Royal we firmly believe it's not just about the destination, it's about the journey! It's about who you become along the way, the people you meet, the connections you make and the experiences that you have that shape the kind of healthcare professional you become.
Follow us on Instagram @RuleTogether
*The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties, responsibilities and essential functions performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.*