San Leandro, CA /
Administrative & Human Resources /
Status: Full-Time (Hybrid), Exempt
Royal Ambulance is hiring a Payroll/AP Specialist to join our Administrative Team. The Payroll/AP Specialist will fully own the Payroll and Accounts Payable functions of the organization. Responsibilities include day-to-day oversight, reporting, and processing of AP and Payroll transactions, as well as month end close procedures. As a growing company of over 630+ team members, the Payroll/AP specialist will be an integral part of the team responsible for facilitating accurate and timely payroll processing. The ideal candidate will have great communication and organizational skills, managing communications with all employees, executive team, finance team, and vendors. Join our growing team today!
- Process and prepare payroll for 630+ employees and 40+ contractors (1099)
- Responsible for all accounts payable functions
- Responsible for cost control with adherence to budget
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, and ensure all entries are booked according to internal accounting standards
- Provide efficient control and utilization of financial resources
- Identify internal areas of improvement and help implement cost cutting measures where appropriate
- Analyze financial details to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed
- Coordinate and implement the financial plan, budget and procurement
- Ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met (payroll taxes, 401k contributions, health insurance deductions, etc.)
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Additional accounting duties as necessary
- Demonstrate and support Royals Values, Mission and Quality Standards
- Maintain confidentiality regarding any patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations, as well as any sensitive company or employee related information
Skills and Requirements
- High-school diploma or equivalent required (associate or baccalaureate degree preferred)
- Two to Three (2-3) years of overall combined Payroll and Accounting/ finance experience
- Demonstrated experience in cross departmental communication (i.e. Human Resources, Operations, Finance)
- Thorough knowledge of Accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end close process and preparation of financial statements
- Technology experience required with high level of proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks, ADP and Paychex as well as multiple HRIS platforms
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized and able to multi-task with strong follow-through skills
- Professional demeanor, courteous and polite, both in-person and over the phone
- Equally able to work independently, as well as within a team
- Must anticipate needs and potential problems and actively seek opportunities and propose solutions.
- Must be punctual and have great attendance
- Experience handling confidential information with discretion
About Royal Ambulance:
Royal Ambulance is the leader in healthcare transportation & patient navigation services in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, San Francisco, and San Mateo County. Since 2006, we’ve grown from 2 ambulances and 10 employees to over 100 ambulances and 625+ team members. We are known for our our amazing work culture, recently awarded Glassdoor's Top 50 Best Places to Work in the US, Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work”.
As we continue to grow, we remain focused on maintaining our culture of professional and personal development, supportive team vibes, and a first class employee experience. Join our team and be a part of this exciting growth opportunity while surrounding yourself with other like minded individuals, who encourage and inspire one another along their path in EMS and Healthcare.
At Royal we firmly believe it's not just about the destination, it's about the journey! It's about who you become along the way, the people you meet, the connections you make and the experiences that you have that shape the kind of healthcare professional you become.
Follow us on Instagram @RuleTogether
-The intent of this job posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties, responsibilities and essential functions performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
-Royal Ambulance is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status