VP, Head of People
San Leandro, CA /
The VP/Head of People is an integral leader within the executive team. Reporting to the CEO, you are expected to provide executive-level leadership and lead the organization’s Human Resources operations. The Head of People plays a key role in the company’s ability to grow, providing impactful long-range strategies for talent management, recruitment employee engagement, career development and retention as well as setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices that inspire, motivate and support employees and the success of the organization.
As Head of People, you will be a culture champion - developing and enhancing our “Best Places to Work” environment through innovative recruitment branding, praise and recognition programs, DEI initiatives, and career ladder/succession planning in alignment with our organizational mission, vision, and values. You will have a key role in being a thought-partner with leaders to consistently adapt and improve recruitment strategies by implementing best practices, with a market and data driven approach to decision making.
Embracing technology, process improvement and a high level of teamwork and collaboration is in the DNA of Royal’s organizational culture. We rely on Lean management systems supported by data to drive organizational performance. You will play a key role in guiding Royal’s continual improvement and innovative practices to maintain market dominance and drive growth in new markets and service lines.
For more in-depth details and responsibilities, please reach out to Justin Nool at Justin.Nool@royalambulance.com.
How you will make an impact:
- Be a true strategic Thought Partner with leaders on strategies for high-performing HR business partnership
- Leverage the value and potential of the operations brought into the company, based on people practices designed to build professional capability and opportunities for career growth.
- You are the most trusted internal coach for all things people, resulting in a higher performing leadership team.
- Provide counsel to business leaders on organizational design, change management, people productivity and burgeoning metrics for diversity, inclusion and ESG standards
- Designing and implementing successful talent acquisition and retention practices for a naturally high turnover industry.
- Lead employment branding, making Royal Ambulance the most well known, favorable company in its space
- Creating programs and opportunities for employees to develop their careers and professional and management competencies
- Design, build and implement a performance management process and assessment design that ties to goals and metrics of the company
- Coordinate enterprise-wide HR support, collaborating with business partners on key needs and ensuring HR team members offer highly integrated services
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management, human resource planning, organization development needs tied to scaling and new service lines added.
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organization’s human resource and talent management functions; assesses the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Maintain rigorously excellent compliance standards vital to the business, its performance and reputation as a premier provider, across employment, benefits, insurance, safety, laws and other regulations and requirements.
- Leads people strategies, ensuring processes, culture, communication, practices and programs create a top employee experience regarded as competitive for its attraction and retention of top quality talent.
- Design and manage a customized performance management process that corresponds with the organization’s annual goals and accomplishments.
- Establish data analysis protocols for reliable reporting on HR results, e.g., recruitment, retention, churn, engagement, learning and development, succession planning.
- Improve effectiveness of onboarding and off-boarding process and results.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Lead Company’s Praise and Recognition Program, proposing new, creative initiatives to enrich our culture and acknowledgement of our team members.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Drafts and implements the organization’s staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department.
- Collaborate with the CFO and finance team to analyze investments in human capital related programs and initiatives.
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- Preferred Education: Master’s or JD degree highly preferred
- Required Experience: At least ten years of human resource management experience in a high-growth technology, digital health, or related setting, with strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience highly preferred
- Knowledge in the fields of HR, Talent Development, Change Management and Mergers and Acquisitions
- Knowledge of California employment-related laws and regulations. Experience with HRIS systems, tools and best practices.
- Certifications: SHRM-CP, PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
About Royal Ambulance:
Royal Ambulance is the leader in healthcare transportation & patient navigation services in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, San Francisco, and San Mateo County. Since 2006, we’ve grown from 2 ambulances and 10 employees to over 100 ambulances and 600+ team members. We are known for our our amazing work culture, awarded one of the Top 50 Inspiring Workplaces 2022 and Glassdoor's Top 50 Best Places to Work in the US, Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work”.
As we continue to grow, we remain focused on maintaining our culture of professional and personal development, supportive team vibes, and a first-class team member experience. Join us and be a part of this exciting growth opportunity while surrounding yourself with other like-minded individuals, who encourage and inspire one another along their path in EMS and Healthcare.
At Royal we firmly believe it's not just about the destination, it's about the journey! It's about who you become along the way, the people you meet, the connections you make and the experiences that you have that shape the kind of healthcare professional you become.
Follow us on Instagram @RuleTogether
-The intent of this job posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties, responsibilities and essential functions performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
-Royal Ambulance is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status