San Leandro, CA /
Communications Center /
Are you interested in continuing your career in Emergency Medical Services? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments and motivated by making a difference? Are you looking for a fun and supportive environment where you can apply your awesome communication and technical skills?
If you answered yes to those questions, come join the Royal family in our award-winning Communications Center as a Dispatcher where you can showcase your professional dispatching and ambulance management skills! We will equip you with the training, education, skills, and support you need to be successful in today's ever-changing healthcare environment.
Embody the Royal Mindset:
- Driven: Be excited about your goals and identify a plan to achieve them. Stay motivated, overcome challenges and focus on getting to where you want to be and becoming who you want to become.
- Empathetic: Understand the feelings and actions of others and use that understanding to guide your own actions, behaviors and decisions. Maintain an open mindset, free of judgement. Give others the benefit of the doubt, and treat everyone with respect.
- Adaptable: Handle and adjust to change by being flexible in process and mindset. Stay calm under pressure when something changes or a problem occurs. Develop a solution and come up with an alternate plan despite obstacles.
- Engaging: Show commitment to the organization, your patients, your partners, your fellow team members and the communities we serve, through your words and your actions. Be involved, stay interested and encourage others to do the same.
What you'll be doing:
- You will have an instrumental role in relaying emergency and non-emergency information from our healthcare partners (hospitals, nursing facilities, public safety agencies etc.) to our EMT and CCT Units.
- This is a fast-paced environment that requires excellent communication and organizational skills in order to effectively communicate time-sensitive and urgent information to the appropriate units.
- You'll be a problem solver! - Adaptability is key to our core values. You need to have outstanding technical and people skills in order to provide the best experience to our patients and healthcare partners. Thinking outside of the box is at the core of this role!
- We are known for our excellent patient experience, you will be pivotal in ensuring that our patients get the Royal Treatment through efficient, and thorough service. This requires you to be a leader in implementing customer service solutions and creative solutions to complex problems.
What you need to bring to the table:
- EMD Experience Preferred
- Must have full-time availability to work 10-hour shifts (4 days/week), nights (noc shift), weekends and holidays
- Advanced computer proficiency
- Outstanding customer service skills and experience
- Call Center/Dispatching experience highly preferred (at least 1-2 years of prior experience)
- Experience in medical terminology highly preferred, but not required
- Geographic knowledge of Greater San Francisco Bay Area (Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties)
Whats in it for you:
- Royal is known for our amazing work culture and vibe (look us up on Instagram @RuleTogether or Facebook!)
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), 401k, Employee Assistance Program
- Two weeks of PTO
- Praise & Recognition Program: Get props, give props, we celebrate one another's successes and accomplishments
- Access to Royal's Alumni Network- Healthcare and EMS professionals who have been in your shoes and are eager to give back and help you succeed! (Think shadowing opportunities, mentors, tips, tricks and best practices for applying to schools and scoring your dream job)
- The feeling of gratitude, accomplishment, growth and doing something truly meaningful that positively impacts the lives of others each and everyday
- Don't just take it from us! Check out what others are saying about their experience at Royal. Visit Glassdoor or Royal FB. Our reviews speak for themselves!
About Royal Ambulance:
Royal Ambulance is the leader in healthcare transportation & patient navigation services in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, and San Mateo County. Since 2006, we’ve grown from 2 ambulances and 10 employees to over 80 ambulances and 450+ team members. We are recognized as one of Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and as one of Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work”.
As we continue to grow, we remain focused on maintaining our culture of professional and personal development, supportive family vibes, and a first class employee experience. Join our team and be a part of this exciting growth opportunity while surrounding yourself with other like minded individuals, who encourage and inspire one another along their path in EMS and Healthcare.
At Royal we firmly believe it's not just about the destination, it's about the journey! It's about who you become along the way, the people you meet, the connections you make and the experiences that you have that shape the kind of healthcare professional you become.
Follow us on Instagram @RuleTogether.
*The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties, responsibilities and essential functions performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.*
For questions or more information, please contact:
Justin Nool - Manager, Talent Acquisition| Justin.Nool@royalambulance.com