Customer Service Representative
San Leandro, CA /
Communications Center /
Are you interested in a career in Emergency Medical Services? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments and motivated by making a difference? Are you looking for a fun and supportive environment where you can apply your awesome communication and technical skills? Come join the Royal family in our award-winning Communications Center as a Customer Service Representative where we can help you gain the skills you need to further your career as an Ambulance Dispatcher or 911 Dispatcher! We will equip you with the training, education, skills, and support you need to be successful in today's ever-changing healthcare environment.
Embody the Royal Mindset:
- Driven: Be excited about your goals and identify a plan to achieve them. Stay motivated, overcome challenges and focus on getting to where you want to be and becoming who you want to become.
- Empathetic: Understand the feelings and actions of others and use that understanding to guide your own actions, behaviors and decisions. Maintain an open mindset, free of judgement. Give others the benefit of the doubt, and treat everyone with respect.
- Adaptable: Handle and adjust to change by being flexible in process and mindset. Stay calm under pressure when something changes or a problem occurs. Develop a solution and come up with an alternate plan despite obstacles.
- Engaging: Show commitment to the organization, your patients, your partners, your fellow team members and the communities we serve, through your words and your actions. Be involved, stay interested and encourage others to do the same.
What you'll be doing:
- As a Customer Service Representative (CSR), you will be the “voice” of Royal Ambulance as you help delegate and resolve the needs of our valued customers and patients.
- You will be responsible for answering multiple phone lines, delegating timely and important information to the appropriate parties, and ensuring we provide the highest level of service to our customers and patients.
- As part of our Core Values, our CSR’s are expected to be Empathetic to our patients, Adaptable to the challenges of healthcare, and Engaging with all departments and stakeholders involved.
- You will have the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the inner-workings of the healthcare industry, and have a direct impact on the patient continuum of care.
What you need to bring to the table:
- A knack for Customer Service - you must be able to give our customers “The Royal Treatment” - customer service experience highly preferred; at least 1 year of prior call-center experience highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A strong ability to navigate complex problems both independently and with a team-focused mindset
- Must be available to work full-time on weekends and holidays
- A desire to work in an upbeat, family & team oriented environment
What's in it for you?
- Royal is known for our amazing work culture and vibe (look us up on Instagram @RuleTogether or Facebook!)
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), 401k, Employee Assistance Program
- Two weeks of PTO
- Praise & Recognition Program: Get props, give props, we celebrate one another's successes and accomplishments
- Access to Royal's Alumni Network- Healthcare and EMS professionals who have been in your shoes and are eager to give back and help you succeed! (Think shadowing opportunities, mentors, tips, tricks and best practices for applying to schools and scoring your dream job)
- The feeling of gratitude, accomplishment, growth and doing something truly meaningful that positively impacts the lives of others each and everyday
- Don't just take it from us! Check out what others are saying about their experience at Royal. Visit Glassdoor or Royal FB. Our reviews speak for themselves!
About Royal Ambulance:
Royal Ambulance is the leader in healthcare transportation & patient navigation services in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, and San Mateo County. Since 2006, we’ve grown from 2 ambulances and 10 employees to over 80 ambulances and 450+ team members. We are recognized as one of Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and as one of Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work”.
As we continue to grow, we remain focused on maintaining our culture of professional and personal development, supportive family vibes, and a first class employee experience. Join our team and be a part of this exciting growth opportunity while surrounding yourself with other like minded individuals, who encourage and inspire one another along their path in EMS and Healthcare.
At Royal we firmly believe it's not just about the destination, it's about the journey! It's about who you become along the way, the people you meet, the connections you make and the experiences that you have that shape the kind of healthcare professional you become.
Follow us on Instagram @RuleTogether.
*The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties, responsibilities and essential functions performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.*
For questions or more information, please contact:
Justin Nool - Manager, Talent Acquisition| Justin.Nool@royalambulance.com