Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Contra Costa County
Concord, CA /
Operations – Field Operations /
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY - Concord, CA
Ranked in 2021 as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the United States (Glassdoor), we pride ourselves in the Driven and Motivated team members that join our family. You will get experience like no other - with the HIGHEST Code 2 Call Volume in the Bay Area, excellent BLS to CCT Training Program, ECMO & Balloon Pump Transports, and an overall "work hard/play hard" culture!
We pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse, forward thinking, and progressive organizations focused on YOUR growth as a healthcare leader.
Joining our team means access to a multitude of benefits including: access to the Royal Ambulance Career Bridge Program™, continuous education, Leadership Development, Scholarship Program, and our robust Alumni Network (THOUSANDS of Firefighters, Medics, Nurses, NP's, PA's, and MD's) that will prepare you for the next step in your healthcare career!
The base range for this position is $18.50 - $21.00 per hour. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Royal Ambulance offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes PTO, 401k match, healthcare coverage, and a broad range of other benefits.
Embody the Royal Mindset:
- Driven: Be excited about your goals and identify a plan to achieve them. Stay motivated, overcome challenges and focus on getting to where you want to be and becoming who you want to become.
- Empathetic: Understand the feelings and actions of others and use that understanding to guide your own actions, behaviors and decisions. Maintain an open mindset, free of judgement. Give others the benefit of the doubt, and treat everyone with respect.
- Adaptable: Handle and adjust to change by being flexible in process and mindset. Stay calm under pressure when something changes or a problem occurs. Develop a solution and come up with an alternate plan despite obstacles.
- Engaging: Show commitment to the organization, your patients, your partners, your fellow team members and the communities we serve, through your words and your actions. Be involved, stay interested and encourage others to do the same.
What you'll be doing:
- As an EMT-B, you will function within the scope of each county's clinical and operational protocols, as well as abide by all of Royals processes, policies, quality standards and expectations of quality patient care and exceptional customer service.
- Provide basic life support, patient assessment, medication administration, airway management, and determine the nature and extent of illness or injury/establish priority for required emergency care and transport.
- Engage with healthcare leaders and EMS Providers to ensure continuum of care (Physicians, Nurse Managers, Transfer Center Coordinators, Charge Nurses etc.)
- Be prepared to run Code 2’s and possible Code 3’s
- Understand, address and resolve patient/customer needs to ensure the most appropriate treatment and/or course of action
- Remain calm while working in difficult and stressful situations, and stay focused while carrying out the functions of the position to the best of your ability
What you need to bring to the table:
- At least 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified as an EMT in the State of California
- Contra Costa County Local EMS Orientation & Exam
- Valid CA Driver's License AND CA Ambulance Driver's License
- Medical Examiner's Certificate
- Valid AHA (American Heart Association) CPR Card
- FEMA/NFPA Courses: ICS-100, ICS-700 , AWR-160
- Immunizations within 10 years (HepB, MMR, TDAP, Varicella); TB Test within one (1) year
- COVID Vaccine Required
What's in it for you?
- Royal is known for our amazing work culture and vibe (look us up on Instagram @RuleTogether or Facebook!)
- Welcoming, comfortable, and fully remodeled stations stocked with tons of snacks and beverages, cozy sleeping quarters, and lots of space to chill out and feel like you're at home
- Two weeks of PTO
- Competitive Call Bonus Structure & Pay Rate Increases every 6 months
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), 401k, Employee Assistance Program
- Diverse variety of calls and shifts: Critical Care Transport (ICU, ECMO, Donor Network), Flight Calls, Community Events (County Fair, Meals on Wheels, Fire Strike Teams, Community Parades, Sports Events etc.), Outreach/Education Events
- Critical Care Transport: Partner with clinical team and nurses for critical care transports
- Employee Assistance Program - Life happens, we give you access to a variety of Confidential services to ensure the well-being for you and your family (Mental Health, Wellness, Legal, and Financial services and many more!)
- Praise & Recognition Program: Get props, give props, we celebrate one another's successes and accomplishments
- New Hire Academy & Field Training: Best in class training preparing you to be confident on the field. You will be paired with an FTO that aligns with your personalized learning style, schedule, and career aspirations!
- Career Growth: - Opportunities for professional growth within the organization (FTO, Operations Supervisor, Management, Communications etc.) | 80% of our leadership started as EMTs!
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs): Ongoing support with continuing education units and skills refreshers
- Royal Ambulance Scholarship Program - A $2500 award to put towards your academic goals (Fire, Nursing, Paramedic, PA, MD School)
- Access to Royal's Alumni Network: Shadowing Opportunities, Application Tips & Tricks, Workshops & Webinars, and Alumni Panels
- Opportunity to work with an award-winning Dispatcher and Customer Service Team to ensure the best patient care experience!
- Don't just take it from us! Check out what others are saying about their experience at Royal. Visit Glassdoor or Facebook. Our reviews speak for themselves!
About Royal Ambulance:
Royal Ambulance is the leader in healthcare transportation & patient navigation services in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, San Francisco, and San Mateo County. Since 2006, we’ve grown from 2 ambulances and 10 employees to over 100 ambulances and 600+ team members. We are known for our our amazing work culture, awarded one of the Top 50 Inspiring Workplaces 2022 and Glassdoor's Top 50 Best Places to Work in the US, Inc Magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work”.
As we continue to grow, we remain focused on maintaining our culture of professional and personal development, supportive team vibes, and a first-class team member experience. Join us and be a part of this exciting growth opportunity while surrounding yourself with other like-minded individuals, who encourage and inspire one another along their path in EMS and Healthcare.
At Royal we firmly believe it's not just about the destination, it's about the journey! It's about who you become along the way, the people you meet, the connections you make and the experiences that you have that shape the kind of healthcare professional you become.
Follow us on Instagram @RuleTogether
-The intent of this job posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties, responsibilities and essential functions performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
-Royal Ambulance is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status