Ocean Data Manager
Houston - Westchase
Energy – Metocean
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
RPS is seeking an individual with a degree in physical oceanography/environmental sciences, engineering, or computer science with a strong background in software development and data management. Experience in programming, scientific data, and the management and application of met-ocean datasets is required. Instrumentation experience and proficiency in LabVIEW and/or Python programming are highly desirable.
The successful applicant must be self-motivated, quick learner and detail-oriented; and demonstrate logical problem solving approach with an ability to work on highly dynamic and interactive projects both independently and as part of a team.
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.