Manager - Site Investigation & Remediation
Environmental Risk – Site Investigation & Remediation
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
WHAT’S ENTAILED IN THE ROLE
Working from our Oakland, CA office, the successful candidate will be expected to oversee all aspects of Phase I/II site investigations, air/soil/groundwater sampling and remediation, contaminant transport modeling, Brownfields site redevelopment, and underground storage tank closures. Additionally, an employee in this role will be required to perform administrative tasks such as budget tracking and invoice approval; mentor and train staff; and participate in marketing activities. The primary responsibilities of the Manager include:
- Direct and manage small to moderate-sized projects with multiple tasks and data gathering efforts
- Develop project scopes, prepare proposals and cost estimates
- Support company marketing efforts
- Manage budgets and billing
- Involvement in client and agency communications
- Mentor and train junior staff to ensure high-level work product and appropriate career development
WHAT’S NEEDED TO SUCCEED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed, self-motivated, self-disciplined work ethic
- Ability to work independently, but seek input from senior staff when needed
- Well organized; can manage complex projects with multiple tasks and data gathering efforts
- Proficiency in leading and training staff while participating in project execution
WHATS REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree in Earth Sciences, Environmental/Civil Engineering or Environmental Science
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience in the following sub-specialties:
- Subsurface site investigations using direct push (Geoprobe), hollow-stem auger, and CPT drilling technologies
- Air/soil/groundwater sampling
- Remediation and construction oversight
- Phase I and II investigations and reports
- State and federal hazardous waste management regulations
- Current OSHA 40HR HAZWOPER training; Supervisor training a plus
- Professional Geologist (PG) or Professional Engineer (PE) strongly encouraged
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.