Senior Software Engineer
Ocean Science – Science & Technology /
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
RPS Ocean Science Division is a dedicated team of talented scientific and technical individuals working together to provide our clients with cutting edge solutions to meet their evolving needs. As a recognized industry leader, our clients seek our guidance, and we provide a service that ensures their success. We do this in an exciting and collaborative environment that combines our scientific knowledge, technical expertise, and leading-edge technology to provide unique software solutions. At RPS we solve problems that matter. Come be a part of our journey to create shared value to a growing, urbanizing and resource-scarce world.
RPS Group is looking for a full stack Senior Software Engineer to help us implement our next generation of web-based Ocean Science products. This role requires a start-up mentality and a passion for using technology to solve complex business problems. You will be part of a growing software engineering team and be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of one of our core products. In this key development position, you will have responsibility for innovative designs and solutions that provide both modularization and scalability of development. This is a highly visible role requiring the ability to deliver high quality code that meets feature and schedule goals. You will work closely with our team of software engineers, project managers, and product owners to develop world-class products.
- Develop and grow the RPS Ocean Science core web products
- Architect, develop, test, and deploy scalable, secure, high performance applications
- Write unit and integration tests
- Work with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with Product Managers to deliver products for our clients
- Technical leadership and mentoring of software engineers at all levels
- Review designs and software written by team members
- Work with team members to drive the best possible technical solutions to complex problems
- Expertise with front end web frameworks including React
- Experience with open source web mapping libraries (Mapbox, Leaflet)
- Experience developing and deploying applications using Docker
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs (use and implementation)
- Strong understanding and experience with CI/CD
- Comfortable working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to learn/adapt to new technologies
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of cloud services (AWS or Azure)
- Experience building cloud-native applications and Mobile Applications
- Familiarity with TypeScript
- Familiarity configuring and deploying NGINX
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.