Health & Safety - Environmental Consultant
Environmental Risk – Transaction Advisory Services
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
The primary role of the Environmental Consultant is to assist in developing and providing diligence focused Health & Safety services for Private Equity clients and portfolio companies. This candidate will work with the Transaction Advisory Services group to supplement the core transaction-based environmental due diligence services.
WHAT’S ENTAILED IN THE ROLE
- Assist in H&S compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments
- Provide assistance and advice on H&S issues to make recommendations to clients and facility management
- Build H&S diligence templates, questionnaires, training tools, and resources for due diligence processes, including review of management systems, policies, OSHA and other H&S reporting requirements (e.g. training, labeling, injuries, claims)
- Review existing documents, reports, logs and records as part of a transaction process to evaluate and identify risk
- Assist PE clients and portfolio companies in developing action items to address issues within the first 100 days of the investment
- Collaborate in a team atmosphere to plan and meet timelines and requirements along with budget goals
- Client facing, able to identify and develop new opportunities, prepare technical proposals
- Develop, track and document policies, templates, protocols
- Manage up to 25% travel
WHAT’S NEEDED TO SUCCEED
- BA/BS required in Environmental Science, Engineering, or Occupational, Health & Safety sciences
- 2-5 years’ experience conducting transaction environmental due diligence
- Working knowledge of US OSHA and/or similar international labor standards (e.g. CCOHS, NEBOSH)
- Handling of H&S investigations
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
- Strong oral & written communication skills, including strong proficiency in technical report writing
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, uncertain, high pressure environment with the ability to change directions and scope quickly.
- Familiarity with communicating to the client in business terms the environmental and regulatory liabilities and associated implications pertaining to the associated transaction.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines within budget.
- Self-directed, self-motivated, self-disciplined, seller-doer
- Relevant credential or certification (e.g. SASB FSA, sustainability degree, or professional sustainability certificate) preferred but not required.
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.