Industrial Hygiene Specialist
Environmental Risk – Compliance
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
The Industrial Hygienist Specialist is responsible for supporting IH activities with an understanding of air monitoring methods, sample handling, data analysis, ventilation, radiation, use of air monitoring equipment and report writing. The candidate will provide direct support clients within the refining and chemical industry, and will report to the client IH Coordinator. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential for the job.
- Supports monitoring related to annual IH plans for the site (with IH Coordinator)
- Performs IH activities as identified in the annual IH work plans, including but not limited to identification, assessment and control of potential chemical, physical and biological hazards in the workplace
- Supports the exposure assessment system database. This includes qualitative and quantitative exposure assessment documentation
- Provides Professional IH support and practices at assigned locations, particularly within the petrochemical industry
- Ensures that occupational health practices and regulatory requirements are implemented
- Participates in emerging issues analysis and resolution
- Oversees the maintenance, calibration and inventory of various types of Industrial Hygiene equipment
- Ability to work an extended schedule for maintenance and emergency events
- High School Diploma, (Bachelors of Science Degree preferred)
- Willingness to relocate for job assignments
- Ability to work well in at team environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to facilitate, manage, and coordinate large groups
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Strong interpersonal skills
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.