Environmental Risk – Due Diligence & Facilities
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
Working from our Chicago office, the primary role of this position is to perform daily management/oversight/air monitoring of asbestos and lead abatement projects and to conduct environmental inspections for asbestos, lead, and mold.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collect & analyze asbestos air samples (NIOSH 582 or equivalent a MUST)
- Daily management of asbestos & lead abatement projects
- Other miscellaneous air sampling (mold/radon/indoor air quality)
- Daily coordination with management and clients
- Daily reporting with Microsoft Office Software Applicants should be able to work independently, be a self-starter, and be able to work in a fast changing environment. Must have reliable transportation.
What's Needed To Succeed:
- BA/BS required in Environmental Science, Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Health & Safety or equivalent
- Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Licensed Asbestos Professional with 3-5 years’ experience managing asbestos/lead abatement projects
- IDPH Asbestos Licenses include Air Sampling Professional, Project Manager, and Building Inspector
- IDPH Lead Licenses include Building Inspector and Risk Assessor
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification
- Working knowledge of federal & state environmental regulations
- Strong oral & written communication skills, including strong proficiency in technical report writing
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, uncertain, high pressure environment with the ability to change directions and scope quickly
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines within budget
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.