Environmental Risk – Site Investigation & Remediation
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
WHAT’S ENTAILED IN THE ROLE
Working from our Chicago office, the primary role of this position is to assist in field work including soil and groundwater sampling, while meeting client report writing deadlines.
WHAT’S NEEDED TO SUCCEED
- The ideal candidate is a hard-working, self-starting, solution-focused individual with a “roll up the sleeves and get it done” mentality and the following qualifications:
- BA/BS required in Environmental Science, Geology, Engineering, or related sciences
- 2+ years’ experience in environmental consulting
- Self-directed, self-motivated, self-discipline
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, uncertain, high pressure environment with the ability to change directions and scope quickly
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of environmental sampling methods
- Proven ability to perform / direct sampling investigation, remediation, or building demolition
- Strong knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.