Vice President / Business Development - Site Investigation & Remediation
Environmental Risk – Site Investigation & Remediation
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
Working from our Chicago, IL office, this Senior level position will conduct business development, and supervise a team/conduct all aspects of Phase II investigation and remediation projects, including heavy technical report writing review and project management functions:
- Conduct business development and prepare/ communicate project updates to industrial, financial and real estate clients regarding the findings of Phase II, permitting and/or remediation projects
- Manage and/or conduct a variety of field samplings – soil, groundwater, soil vapor, indoor air, aquifer, etc.
- Prepare various technical project progress and quality control reports, including soil boring logs, maps & figures and well construction reports
- Perform data reduction & analysis
- Provide support and input to management team during work plan and report preparation phases
- Account management responsibilities, including sales and marketing functions with targeted sales goals
WHAT’S NEEDED TO SUCCEED
- Pursuing business development opportunities, managing and expanding existing client base to support growth and business objectives
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in environmental consulting; at least 5 years’ in a management or senior technical role
- BA/BS required in Engineering, Geology or similar scientific field, licensed PE/PG
- Strong knowledge of remediation/investigation plan design, environmental sampling methodologies, work plan preparation, budgeting, bid / proposal development & project management
- Proven ability to direct sampling investigation, remediation or building demolition
- Understand federal & state environmental regulations
- Strong technical report writing skills
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.