Principal Engineer / Geologist
Environmental Risk – Site Investigation & Remediation
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
WHAT’S ENTAILED IN THE ROLE
- This position will work with all aspects of Phase II projects, including heavy technical report writing and project management functions
- Conduct a variety of field samplings – soil, groundwater, soil vapor, indoor air, aquifer, etc.
- Prepare summary tables of groundwater elevation data and laboratory analytical data
- Prepare a variety of technical project progress and quality control reports, including soil boring logs, maps & figures and well construction reports
- Perform data reduction & analysis
- Provide support and input to management team during work plan and report preparation phases
- Account management responsibilities, including sales and marketing functions with targeted sales goals
- Up to 15% travel
WHAT’S NEEDED TO SUCCEED
- The ideal candidate is a self-directed, results-oriented individual with the following qualifications:
- BA/BS required in Engineering or Geology
- At least 7 years’ experience in environmental consulting; experience in designing large scale remediation systems is a plus
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of remediation plan design, environmental sampling methods, work plan preparation, budgeting, bid / proposal development & project management
- Proven ability to direct sampling investigation, remediation or building demolition
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and multiple deadlines
- Strong knowledge of federal & state environmental regulations
- Strong technical report writing skills
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.