Houston - Chasewood
Central – IT
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
RPS has a requirement for an IT Operations Analyst to join its Technology Services Team based at its regional head office in Houston, Texas. This as an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to utilise their IT knowledge, apply technical skills, Install, manage and advance the company IT infrastructure.
The successful candidate will join the
Technology Services team with responsibilities for the following throughout RPS North America:
· Support the business IT requirements (IT Support for hardware and software applications)
· Support & maintenance of IT Systems, including monitoring and backups
· Support Software Development Initiatives
· Research and provide technology solutions for the business
· Implementation and migrations of IT systems in new acquisitions
· Security and Business Continuity
North American systems are cohesive with IT systems and processes practiced in RPS Group world-wide. Technology Services North America is segmented into 4 key areas, IT Support, IT Operations, Regional IT Managers, Software Development.
This role requires in-depth technical expertise with enthusiasm to work within various system environments supporting the North American business. RPS North America provide consultancy services across many sectors, each with different technology requirements. This IT Operations Analysts position can also be referred to as someone with experiences as a Senior Systems Administrator with project implementation experience. The Analyst will be part of a global Ops team, potentially working on issues in other countries from remote
· Ensure all IT related services are maintained and delivered in a stable state of operation to meet the business requirements of assigned offices.
· Installation, configuration and network integration of hardware and software within offices is in accordance with industry standard practice and procedures and company policies and procedures are applied.
· Maintaining network infrastructure with company standards (Firewalls, Servers, Appliances)
· Maintain infrastructure documentation
· Setup, manage and support infrastructure alerts
· Support 2nd/3rd Line support issues as presented by staff and the support team
· Follow change control process
· When required operate service outside the scope of business hours
· Produce, as required, reports or notifications regarding the status of any Hardware, Software or System that has caused or may cause loss of IT services within assigned offices, including capacity and storage planning.
· Management of IT implementation Projects and Office moves.
· Required to work 20 weekend work day per year
· Able to travel, nationally & internationally
National and some international travel will be required in performance of duties
· 5 years of experience as systems administrator supporting medium to large size business
· Strong understanding of a Microsoft network infrastructure (Administrative and Management of Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP)
· Strong understanding of Virtual infrastructure
· Strong understanding of servers and storage
· Strong understanding
of Networking and configuration of firewalls and network switches
· Good understanding of deployment and management of VOIP technologies
· IT infrastructure (SAN, Servers and Switches) preferred knowledge of Dell product line
· Networking experience with Cisco, Dell, HP products
· Experience in setting up License Servers, Network or Cloud based
· Experience with Avaya VOIP Phone System
· Migration of Systems and networks
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.