Environmental Consultant II
Environmental Risk – Transaction Advisory Services
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
RPS North America has an exciting new opportunity for an Environmental Consultant II at any of our regional locations including; Atlanta, GA, Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, Irvine, CA or Oakland, CA.
Since 1993, RPS has been recognized as a premier provider of environmental due diligence, compliance, site investigation, remediation, process optimization and value-driven facilities management services. We primarily work for the private sector, combining our technical capabilities with a business sensibility. We focus our attention on service, client communication, and cost-effective solutions. We excel in translating environmental and facility problems directly into financial terms and bottom-line gains.
Working from our Chicago office, the primary role of this position is to conduct Phase I Environmental site assessments (ESA’s) which include historical research on properties and reference environmental laws & regulations for due diligence.
- Evaluate all types of environmental regulatory cases, such as: Leaking Underground Storage Tanks, State Hazardous Wastes, Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation & Liability Information System and National Priority List sites
- Analyze and recognize potential environmental issues
- Provide clear & concise findings, recommendations and options regarding client deliverable
- Track and document project specifics and budgets
- Collaborate with Technical Leaders (TL’s) and Project Managers (PMs) to plan and meeting timelines and requirements along with budget goals
- Up to 50% travel
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.