Senior Air Dispersion Modeler
Environmental Risk – Compliance
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
- Conduct air dispersion modeling in accordance with U.S. EPA and state regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with other senior modelers to develop innovative solutions for complex air dispersion modeling challenges.
- Prepare modeling reports, letters, and memoranda for client, local, state, and/or federal agency review.
- Build and maintain client relationships through professional interactions and active networking.
- Review and manage written document production.
- Participate in meetings with clients and regulators.
- Monitor project budgets, including invoice reviews.
- Develop proposals and cost estimates for new projects.
- B.S./M.S. degree in Meteorology, Environmental Sciences, or Engineering.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of federal Guideline on Air Quality Models (40 CFR Part 51, Appendix W) and TCEQ’s Air Quality Modeling Guidelines.
- Demonstrated understanding of EPA/TCEQ air regulations and practices. Experience with other country/state/local agencies is a plus.
- Ability to externally manage client and regulatory agency relationships and internally manage competing project priorities.
- 5-10 years of air quality experience, focused on air dispersion modeling.
- Strong existing client relationships.
- Understanding of refining and chemical process operations.
- Interested in taking on an active role in marketing to pursue new clients/opportunities.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License in Texas, additional states are a plus.
- Photochemical modeling experience is a plus.
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.