Environmental Risk – Transaction Advisory Services
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
RPS North America has an exciting new opportunity for a Principal Consultant at our Atlanta, GA location.
- Perform property due diligence, environmental compliance auditing, and evaluation of environmental liabilities at commercial and industrial sites.
- Management of large national and international due diligence projects involving multi-site portfolios and multi-person teams in support of financial and industrial mergers, divestitures and acquisitions.
- Coordination of global due diligence efforts through collaboration amongst RPS Environmental Risk offices and partners around the world.
- Transaction and integration support – review of purchase agreement, disclosure schedules, indemnity provisions, insurance policies, reserve and capital expenditure forecasts, opening balance sheets, and permit transfers.
- Deliver financial results to grow opportunities across RPS business lines.
- Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients.
- Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Minimum 5-8 years of global transactional consulting/due diligence work experience.
- Transactional due diligence experience required.
- Existing client relationships required
- Ability to travel overnight and work in an industrial setting required.
- Self-directed, self-motivated, self-disciplined, seller-doer.
- Client orientated mindset and approach.
- Financial, accounting and balance sheet familiarity and experience a plus
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, uncertain, high pressure environment - be able to change directions and scopes quickly.
- Be available outside of normal business hours and on weekends – client responsiveness is key.
- Familiarity with communicating to the client in business terms the environmental and regulatory liabilities and associated implications pertaining to the associated transaction.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines within budget.
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.