Environmental Risk – Tech
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
Summary of the Tech Advisory Services Group
The Tech Advisory Services Group conduct pre-acquisition and post-acquisition environmental, health and safety (EHS) diligence for both ground-up construction of state-of-the-art commercial and residential developments and renovation of existing commercial/residential buildings. Our first objective is to identify all known or potential environmental liabilities associated with the real estate acquisitions and proposed developments. Our group conducts Phase I, Phase II, and vapor intrusion/indoor air quality (IAQ) investigations, as well as lead and asbestos surveys to understand and characterize potential environmental issues prior to and during development activities. We are experienced in taking the lead in multiple-agency negotiations to get permission to conduct critical development activities including dewatering from Superfund and local groundwater plumes, placing building elements into these plumes, as well as excavation and handing of contaminated soil. Our group develops vapor intrusion control plans and environmental site management plans detailing the air, soil, and water monitoring and handling procedures required to protect current and future site users, off-site populations, and construction workers. Detailed modeling and risk assessment methods are used to achieve agency concurrence and sign-off on the environmental mitigation approaches. This environmental support continues to be critical to the client’s successful acquisition and development of these challenging properties.
- To serve as administrative client interface for all contractual and accounting functions for the Tech Advisory Services team in our Mountain View, CA office
- Organize and maintain all Change Order/Purchase orders and contracts for the Mountain View office
- Get written follow-up on all verbal client authorization(s)
- Follow-up and maintain Accounts Payable (AP) process
- Follow-up on all Accounts Receivable (AR) for Mountain View office. Of importance is to know the process (online submittals, etc.) and find ways to expedite payment for all Mountain View clients
- Efficiently process AP, AR and invoicing
- Organizational skills
- Problem solver
- Independent thinker and worker
- Follow though skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- MS Office proficient (esp. Word and Excel)
- Motivated and driven
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.