Health & Safety Advisor
Houston - Chasewood
Central – Health & Safety
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
The Health & Safety Advisor is responsible for general management of the RPS North America HSEQ program and provides advice and support to employees at all levels of the business to achieve safe, efficient, and successful operations. Promoting a robust and committed safety culture throughout the company is a critical aspect of this role.
- Promotes HSEQ as a priority across the business.
- Serves as a member of the RPS Shared Services management team and as a visible and influential leader within the business.
- Acts as the primary interface between business units and the HSEQ team.
- Tracks assigned Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Prepares reports for the North America Leadership Team and global leaders and functions as needed.
- Leads the strategic planning and budgeting process for HSEQ.
- Prepares annual internal auditing plan and training plan.
- Delivers Health & Safety orientation to newly hired employees.
- Consistently monitors the travel risk management program and maintains awareness of global factors relevant to traveler safety.
- Maintains responsibility for incident response and reporting.
- Manages the Safety Liaison group.
- Leads internal audits of the HSEQ program.
- Manages external audits as needed.
- Responds to internal inquiries for HSEQ support.
- Develops and manages HSEQ initiatives to address incident trends within the business.
- Monitors external trends in HSEQ management and regulatory changes.
- Works in a safe manner at all times and reports all health & safety incidents and concerns, including near misses, accidents, and injuries.
- Conducts activities in line with internal procedures, legislation, and industry standards.
- Pursues continuous professional development and maintains a high degree of discipline knowledge and awareness.
- Additional duties as required.
Minimum Professional Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or a commensurate level of training and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in an internal Health & Safety role, including proven experience independently advising internal stakeholders on safety issues and recommending solutions.
- Proficiency in the English language.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to proactively develop a network of key relationships internally and externally.
- Communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate and influence successfully at all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Teamwork skills, including demonstrated success promoting a collaborative and productive work environment.
- Strong self-awareness and self-management skills.
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.