Senior Chemist 1 (Mass Spec, GC and HPLC) - Must be local to Mansfield, MA
Laboratory Services – General /
Full-time Permanent /
RQM+ is the leading MedTech service provider with the world’s largest global team of regulatory and quality experts. Building upon 40 years of regulatory expertise, we also provide comprehensive clinical trial, lab and reimbursement services – reducing risk and supporting market access throughout the entire product lifecycle for medical devices, digital therapeutics and diagnostics. With more former FDA, Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and notified body regulators than any other firm, the RQM+ team has deep expertise in all clinical specialties. RQM+ currently works for 19 of the top 20 medical device manufacturers and seven of the top 10 IVD companies.
Job Summary: Candidate will be responsible for Reports Preparation; preparing technical reports summarizing findings related to mass spectroscopy (LCMS, GCMS, PYMS) and chromatography methods (HPLC, GC), Designing Analyses; designing and implementing analytical strategies to help resolve complex, real world analytical problems including material failures, deformulations and quantitation, Performing Analysis; direct or perform mass spectroscopy or chromatographic analyses including overseeing method development and performing existing methods, Discussing Results; skilled at discussing analytical data and would be able to communicate in simple terms the results from a series of analytical tests. This would include helping other team members with interpretation as well as discussing results with customers.
- Prepare technical reports
- Interpret MS data including LCMS and GCMS results with a high level of proficiency
- Interpret chromatographic data including HPLC and GC with a high level of proficiency
- Combine results to identify unknown chemical components
- Quantitate chemical components using HPLC and GC results
- Work with a team of scientists to design and implement analytical strategies
- Perform or oversee complex analytical strategies with an emphasis on MS and chromatography
- Discuss results with co-workers and clients
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Masters of Science in Chemistry or equivalent education/experience
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Performs a variety of tasks related to report writing
- Proficiency with computer office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and scientific databases, etc.)
- Ability to maintain neat and orderly laboratory notebook in detail for permanent company record
- Works under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager
- Personal Integrity
- Focused and detail oriented
- Learning to run instruments within a division
- Learning the most common failure modes
- Learning to write all data types within their division
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a requirement
Being an industry leader in Medtech is just the beginning for RQM+. We consider our employees our biggest asset and we invest heavily in ongoing learning and development. Providing a rewarding place to work is rooted deep in our core values. From an industry leading compensation package to a deeply engrained focus on work life balance, RQM+ has a unique offering for regulatory and quality professionals. At RQM+, you are not just another employee, you are a member of RQM+ family. Make your impact today!
We invite you to apply if you have an interest in learning more about our organization and beginning your journey with us.