Towson, Maryland /
Rosen, Sapperstein & Friedlander, LLC (RS&F) is a fast-growing regional business consulting, accounting, auditing, and tax firm with offices in Towson, and Columbia, Maryland. As one of the Top 20 firms in our region, our team of professionals assist clients in charting a course for success and serves as their trusted advisor.
RS&F differentiates itself by providing innovative strategic and operational consulting services through entrepreneurial business practices. In the marketplace, RS&F is recognized as the go-to entrepreneurial firm for entrepreneurial clients. RS&F's team is trained in the most up-to-date industry knowledge and best practices. We consistently provide close, personalized attention to our clients while offering a wide range of resources and extensive business network.
RS&F prides itself in a team culture that stresses independence, flexibility, opportunity, and empowerment. We maintain a platform that supports career development, personal growth, and unique journeys. Additionally, RS&F is constantly evolving to meet the needs of both our team and clients, which translates into many long-term employee and client relationships.
As a member of our Tax team, you will be empowered to work directly with clients with a diverse client base, partners and senior staff to provide a broad spectrum of tax and related consulting services. You will be able to participate in a unique client-based approach, providing access to primary client account activity as well as work on underlying entities, trusts, and individual tax returns. You will work closely as needed with our Accounting and Assurance staff on client engagements that span both groups. The tax partner will develop team processes and systems to improve the productivity and growth of the business, lead by example through demonstration of initiative, vision, resourcefulness, creativity and independent thinking, and be valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader and recognized for your accomplishments.
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting 25-35 key client relationships totaling 3-4M
- Oversees tax engagements including planning, delegating, and compliance
- Provides ideas to improve client’s systems and operations during client engagements
- Participates in a sales-based culture with a commitment to grow the tax practice
- Seeks opportunities to expand our services to clients
- Analyzes IRS notices and reviews responses prepared by other tax personnel
- 10 + years of leadership experience with a well-established public accounting firm in the mid-market or higher
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge in individual, partnership and corporate tax return preparation as well as tax planning and tax research
- Successfully manages and expands client relationships upwards $2 MM
- Bachelor’s in accounting or related field with an active CPA license required
- Advanced degree in accounting, tax or law preferred
- Experience with ProSystemfx Tax, Advance Flow, CCH, RIA, BNA and other tax preparation / research software
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Acts and makes decisions with professionalism, integrity and an entrepreneurial mindset
• Hybrid Flex Schedule & Remote Work Available
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
• RELAX Half Day Fridays
• Retirement Plan (401 (k) Profit Sharing)
• Short and Long Term Disability
• Paid Family Leave
• Training & Development
RS&F provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws and all other employment laws and regulations. RS&F is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.