Towson, Maryland /
Rosen, Sapperstein & Friedlander, LLC (RS&F) is a fast-growing regional business consulting, accounting, auditing, and tax firm with offices in Towson, and Columbia, Maryland. As one of the Top 20 firms in our region, our team of professionals assist clients in charting a course for success and serves as their trusted advisor.
RS&F differentiates itself by providing innovative strategic and operational consulting services through entrepreneurial business practices. In the marketplace, RS&F is recognized as the go-to entrepreneurial firm for entrepreneurial clients. RS&F's team is trained in the most up-to-date industry knowledge and best practices. We consistently provide close, personalized attention to our clients while offering a wide range of resources and extensive business network.
RS&F prides itself in a team culture that stresses independence, flexibility, opportunity, and empowerment. We maintain a platform that supports career development, personal growth, and unique journeys. Additionally, RS&F is constantly evolving to meet the needs of both our team and clients, which translates into many long-term employee and client relationships.
As a member of our Tax team, you will be empowered to work directly with clients with a diverse client base, partners and senior staff to provide a broad spectrum of tax and related consulting services. You will be able to participate in a unique client-based approach, providing access to primary client account activity as well as work on underlying entities, trusts, and individual tax returns. You will work closely as needed with our Accounting and Assurance staff on client engagements that span both groups. The tax manager will develop team processes and systems to improve the productivity and growth of the business, lead by example through demonstration of initiative, vision, resourcefulness, creativity and independent thinking, and be valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader and recognized for your accomplishments.
- Serve as the Engagement Manager on specific tax client accounts, taking responsibility for planning, execution, final deliverable and billing and collections
- Review complex individual, partnership, S and C corporate tax returns, as well as nonprofit and trust tax returns and work papers using ProSystems Tax and Advance Flow
- Develop a detailed tax engagement work plan, including budgets and timeline for delivery
- Monitor project status against the budget and communicate schedule adjustments to management
- Effectively analyze client transactions and unusual situations with a level of complexity in incorporating the tax effect of the transaction or situation
- Recognize and resolve potential and/or existing problems with appropriate tax research and consulting, if necessary, using various tax research platforms
- Maintain lines of communication with both staff and clients to address client concerns and identify opportunities to increase level and type of services
- Work closely with clients and partners within our client-based approach to provide outstanding client service and to build client confidence in and trust for firm services
- Take responsibility for subordinates’ activities and chargeability, including effective delegation of work to staff
- Develop subordinates’ technical and industry skills and encourage growth
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Masters in Taxation a plus
- CPA required
- 6+ years with public accounting firm experience with tax focus
- Be a team player and willing to roll up their sleeves if needed
- Proactive problem solver with analytical skills
- Self-motivated with excellent follow through on assigned duties
- Solid communication skills
• Hybrid Flex Schedule & Remote Work Available
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
• RELAX Half Day Fridays
• Retirement Plan (401 (k) Profit Sharing)
• Short and Long Term Disability
• Paid Family Leave
• Training & Development
RS&F provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws and all other employment laws and regulations. RS&F is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.