Frontend Engineering Lead
Remote (Asia) /
Run The World enables live online events that people love worldwide. Our mission is to create a world where people can easily meet, collaborate, and learn from others with similar expertise, interests, and passions—regardless of their particular location or circumstances.
We’re a global, silicon-valley based, well-funded startup backed by top VC’s and angel investors including Andreessen Horowitz, and C-level executives from Facebook, Twitter, and Atlassian. Our founding team are veterans from Facebook and Instagram and have been featured on TechCrunch, Business Insider, Silicon Valley Business Journal, CNBC, and more.
We’re experiencing explosive growth now more than ever and we’re looking for like-minded high-performers to break the barriers that limit access to knowledge, connections, and communities, and enable people to “Run the World.”
What's your role?
As a frontend engineer lead, you lead the frontend team to build a web application that connects our organizers, speakers and attendees, helps organizers manage their conferences and engage their audiences. You are responsible for building the our product experience for speaker and attendees.
You will be working a project that used by million of users internationally, mentored by experienced engineers from FAANG.
What's your day-to-day responsibility?
1. Web application development with a variety of languages including but not limited to React(Hooks) + TypeScript + Webpack + GraphQL
2. Work closely with designers and product managers to define feature specifications
3. Work closely with the technical co-founder to design the technical architecture and build robust web applications
Who we are looking for?
1. B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
2. Experience shipping products into the world
3. Experience shipping a web application from start to finish
4. Experience with at least one of the following tech stacks: React(Hooks) + TypeScript + Webpack + GraphQL
5. Familiar with Git work flow (merge request)
6. Experience working with engineering team
7. Cares about code quality and product quality
8. Loves building things from 0 to 1! Hacky, get-it-done mentality
9. Has a product-guided mindset
10. Thrives in a scrappy startup environment
What make's you stand out?
1. Experience building highly scaled consumer applications a strong plus
2. Experience building video/audio streaming applications
3. Built something cool before? We love passion projects!