Brooklyn, New York /
Runway is building the next generation of creative tools. We are a small team of artists, engineers, developers, and researchers working together to predict-by-inventing the future. Our team members used to work at NYU, Disney Research, IBM Research, Linode, and Stanford.
We've built a tool that makes machine learning easy and accessible for all types of creatives. And our users love it. But our vision is bigger. We are transforming how content and media is created. For decades, media creation has relied on incremental iterations of the same old tools. And while some of those tools have become smarter in recent years, they're still very much rooted in an outdated paradigm. We've been stuck with the same old Creative Suite for way too long. Artificial intelligence and machine learning will not just bring automation at every scale, but a significant change in how we create. That's why Runway is reimagining how we create, so we can create new things.
Runway has an active and growing community of artists and creators all over the world. IBM, Google, R/GA, New Balance, Chanel, and dozen of companies are using Runway to create and explore new creative boundaries. Runway is also used to teach at a wide variety of institutions. From architectural programs at MIT to self-organized independent workshops in Perú.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on company-critical initiatives closely with the executive team: hiring, legal, day-to-day operations, and strategic opportunities.
- Understand and analyze the levers that drive the company’s long-term financial trajectory.
- Help and assist with new employees on-boarding.
- Assist with capital planning efforts, corporate finance, and investor relations.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Proven management ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with Startups
- Strong systems thinking.
More about Runway:
- The Verge: Runway ML puts AI tools in the hands of creators everywhere
- TechWeek: Runway ML – Harnessing AI to augment creativity
- iHeart Radio Sleepwalkers: Chocolate Chicken Chicken Cake
- Runway at the Machine Learning for Creativity and Design NeurIPS 2018 Workshop, Montreal, Canada
- MIT DocuBase: Interview with Cristóbal Valenzuela, Founder of RunwayML
- Corridor Crew: This Crazy A.I. Filter Turns Cartoons Into NIGHTMARES
This is a full-time role. We are based in New York, but welcome remote applications from everywhere 🌍